shopgoodwill.com

akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
http://www.shopgoodwill.comman this site is just hilarious to me. occasionally i look just to laugh. nice thought and all i guess, but nearly everything on this site is almost more worthless than the stuff i see IN the stores anyway. the record section is a fucking joke....hahaha

Comments

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    ehh nevermind, its kinda cool now that im browsing more. but still, record section...id have better luck in the store.

the stuff that gets put on this site is so seemingly random....

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    most of the goodwills in nyc aren't even stocked with used items but are filled with new crap that you usually see in dollar stores...is this a trend? it sucks.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    most of the goodwills in nyc aren't even stocked with used items but are filled with new crap that you usually see in dollar stores...is this a trend? it sucks.

Yes, Target bought Goodwill and they are using it as a way to get rid of crap. One local Goodill in richmond is filled with 40 or more copies of the same 5 year old rap-a-lot promo record.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    One local Goodill in richmond is filled with 40 or more copies of the same 5 year old rap-a-lot promo record.

Road Trip!

One local Goodill in richmond is filled with 40 or more copies of the same 5 year old rap-a-lot promo record.

Road Trip!

I can't remember what it is called, but it not very good. Shit, maybe I just don't like hip hop though.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

I don't mind it if they are selling Target furniture floor models for 1/4 of the original price(got a nice leather chair for the house on the cheap), but the dollar store crap is outta hand.

Did Target buy Goodwill, or did they just strike some kind of arrangement? It would seem like a weird business to aquire for a entity like Target.

Did Target buy Goodwill, or did they just strike some kind of arrangement? It would seem like a weird business to aquire for a entity like Target.

I was told that they bought Goodwill, mainly as a tax deduction, but as a bonus they can dump busted dollar store bullshit.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Here we have a vintage record titled ???JFK: A Memorial Album Made by our beloved President???. This record features highlights of speech from the president. A great conversation piece to hang up in case you don???t have an old record player, record is 12.25??? x 12.25??? with some tears on the cover and some scratches on the cover and record. But overall it???s in good condition.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

I was told that they bought Goodwill, mainly as a tax deduction, but as a bonus they can dump busted dollar store bullshit.
    sounds like that might be right... when I was "volunteering" at the local 'will, they told me the Target stuff was just thru an arrangement to get rid of deadstock/crap.

and yes, that Rap-A-Lot promo that they have a bajillion copies of sucks...as does the Kelis.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    the Target stuff was just thru an arrangement to get rid of deadstock/crap.
    It's an arrangement that many businesses can do: if you write something out of stock and donate it to a charity instead of destroying it, a proportion of the item wholesale cost can be written off come tax time.

Target does not own Goodwill. Goodwill Industries is a successful (and pretty well managed) non-profit that was founded over 100 years ago. Over 80% of their revenue goes to job training and assistance programs for underprivelidged communities. So get in there and buy every JFK speech record you can afford, you'll help your neighborhood.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    So get in there and buy every JFK speech record you can afford, you'll help your neighborhood.

yeah, the one they charge $12 for?

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    I visited The good will in Salinas, CA a few months ago to find that it had fully converted to Target recall crap retail. It felt really dirty there and i couldnt handle having to support target to support Goodwill. Although they are donating the stuff, they are saving $$ off of stuff they would have trashed. I figure if the shit doesnt sell then goodwill will cut the deal and start selling used goods again. and stop helping the man with their taxes.
    the prices on the broken shit didnt seem that far off from what Id imagine targed sells it for.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Goodwill Industries is a successful (and pretty well managed) non-profit that was founded over 100 years ago. Over 80% of their revenue goes to job training and assistance programs for underprivelidged communities. So get in there and buy every JFK speech record you can afford, you'll help your neighborhood.

i buy something there on pretty much a daily basis, but shopgoodwill.com is still a joke.

• rogbrogb 172 Posts
    "I stopped shopping there after they starting putting there logo onto paper/plastic bags."

"I stopped shopping there after they starting putting there logo onto paper/plastic bags."

I wish more people would stop shoping there so I can scoop all of the records at my own leisure.

Keep it real dude!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Relevant to nothing, on Treasure Island there's a parking lot where they put the damaged and unused Goodwill trucks from the Bay Area:

The Power of Work

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

Said Goodwill also yielded 6 JB LPs for me in one trip. I did the Popcorn for a straight week after that.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    I was recently informed that GWs around here are Christian based, and only let in christian and shmaltzy vinyl. Everything else gets chucked. I'm highly skeptical, but this person was very adamant.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    I was recently informed that GWs around here are Christian based, and only let in christian and shmaltzy vinyl. Everything else gets chucked. I'm highly skeptical, but this person was very adamant.
    i always have that suspicion about some of the christian/catholic places untill i find

next to

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

No Goodwill is not religious in anyway, or not supposed to be. salvation Army on the other hand is religious based. however I don't think they care what second hand stuff they sell when it comes to records.

• girgir 329 Posts

sounds like that might be right... when I was "volunteering" at the local 'will, they told me the Target stuff was just thru an arrangement to get rid of deadstock/crap.

and yes, that Rap-A-Lot promo that they have a bajillion copies of sucks...as does the Kelis.

but for some reason there are still fewer and fewer each time...

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    ya'll done blown up my spot
    i copped boscoe,spacing out,stark reality ,hung up and firestone xmas special on the goodwill auction site