MOVIE FRANTIC / FRENCH FUNK BAND IDENTIFICATION

HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
Yesterday I watched some sequences of Roman Polanski movie Frantic from 87 with Harrison Ford in the lead.There are certain scenes which catched my ear. The scenes played on a boat an there was band playing some straight funk tunes. It seemed that they were practising on the boatIt were 4 people, bass, guitar, keyboard and drums.At the end in the cast credits I saw "Houseboat Band - Fonky French Family"Googling brings nothing interesting up. I know of a French Band called FFF which stood for French Funk Federation as far as I can Remeber. They made some noise around 92 when this Crossover wave rolled over Europe after Rage Against the Machine had some sucess. They rapped in French and the sound was a mixture out of Rock and some Funky influences.So does anyone know anything about the "Fonky French Family" ??? Any releases ?? Are they the same as "FFF" ?????PeaceHawkeye

Comments

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    You got two bands mixed up I guess: there's the hiphopgroup Fonky Family (their best album is somewhere in the ISH section) and there's F??d??ration Fran??aise de Funk, most likely the band in the film.

• You got two bands mixed up I guess: there's the hiphopgroup Fonky Family (their best album is somewhere in the ISH section) and there's F??d??ration Fran??aise de Funk, most likely the band in the film.

I don't think any of this group have any connection with this film. None of them were existing at the moment of the movie. Fonky Family members were like 10 years old in 1985.

• 6fran506fran50 266 Posts
    marco prince, the leader of fff played as an actor in this movie ...
    he also made some soundtracks ...