Least anticipated release of '07

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    QUIT HATING ON THE SOUTH

I'm starting to like Outkast.

You mad slow, son.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Question: Is the South really here to stay?
    hopefully this q is not tied to the career of paul wall

No, just asking in general.

Please be serious.

We've only been running rap for a deacde.

Atlanta = rap's capitol

• When did Paw Waw get all those tattoos?

When he started kickin' it with Travis Barker.

Mr. Cartoon makes his mark on white folks, thus putting it down for the brown.

You were right.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Please be serious.

Atlanta = rap's capitol

Oh yea, you're from the ATL. I always had the impression that you're one of the more reasonable NY dudes.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I always had the impression that you're one of the more reasonable NY dudes.

act like you know. dude was on the Duke lacrosse team.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    ^^Poor taste

i dont know that he should be allowed to say 'we' about the south when he lives in ny

• i dont know that he should be allowed to say 'we' about the south when he lives in ny

I have no problem with it, but that type of regional pride does remind me of "professional sports fanship", which is something I thought he found distasteful and rubeish.

Poor taste

a radical departure for the Strut, I know...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

i dont know that he should be allowed to say 'we' about the south when he lives in New York City[/b]

You're way out of bounds with that.

i dont know that he should be allowed to say 'we' about the south when he lives in ny

Those sound like the words of a jealous little dude with little more than Shawnna to call his own.

I make money in NYC but I rep ATL all day.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

I make money in NYC but I rep ATL all day.

You see little dudes!

The boy is on some Robin Hood schitt!

You're way out of bounds with that.

plaese to delineate your comfort zone little man.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I don't know what you mean by here to stay - from where I sit, the south has always been there.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

I don't know what you mean by here to stay - from where I sit, the south has always been there.

I can see that question being relevant maybe 10 years ago, but at this point it's so established that I can't see it going anywhere. Whether the South continues to shine in terms of mainstream commercial success is a different question.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I can see that question being relevant maybe 10 years ago, but at this point it's so established that I can't see it going anywhere. Whether the South continues to shine in terms of mainstream commercial success is a different question.

Exactly. No empire in rap stays in front for long. It's the law of the jungle.
    West Coast where ya at?

West Coast where ya at?

what you haven't heard the Wolf Pack EP?

West Coast where ya at?

what you haven't heard the Wolf Pack EP?

nope. Hope u didnt think i was sayin tha west was done?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

West Coast where ya at?

Well, there was the Hyphy thing that gave some shine to a bunch of artists & produced some great albums & tracks. You got The Team, E-40, Frontline, Keak, Turf Talk, Federation. I'm sure there are some artists in L.A who are doing their thing. It's about keeping your ear to the grindstone. If you post on this board & haven't heard any of the above artists/tracks, get thee to soulseek.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

West Coast where ya at?

Well, there was the Hyphy thing that gave some shine to a bunch of artists & produced some great albums & tracks. You got The Team, E-40, Frontline, Keak, Turf Talk, Federation. I'm sure there are some artists in L.A who are doing their thing. It's about keeping your ear to the grindstone. If you post on this board & haven't heard any of the above artists/tracks, get thee to soulseek.
    mainstream commercial success =/ those artists

West Coast where ya at?

Do u think the keak has tha same visibility as T.I.? Are these artists gettin the same media attention as the West Coast circa 1991?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

West Coast where ya at?

I think that's where we differ on music. I don't care what a record sells. And you know what, those guys are not doing too bad if a guy in Quebec knows who they are & bought their releases.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I think that's where we differ on music. I don't care what a record sells. And you know what, those guys are not doing too bad if a guy in Quebec knows who they are & bought their releases.
    dude i said i like a 2007 black sheep release. i dont care about commercial success, except when it relates to the discussion. Dude asked where the west coast was in relation to commercial success and you came at him with dudes lucky to go gold...no qualitative judgement implied

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    dude i said i like a 2007 black sheep release. i dont care about commercial success, except when it relates to the discussion. Dude asked where the west coast was in relation to commercial success and you came at him with dudes lucky to go gold...no qualitative judgement implied

What does commercial sucess equal? Who cares? It was stupid of him to mention it, but I was trying to be polite.

What does commercial sucess equal? Who cares? It was stupid of him to mention it, but I was trying to be polite.

So you dont factor in record sales/video spins/radio promos? So I guess NYC Hip Hop hasnt lost anything.
    Connecticut/Miami/Chicago hasnt lost a step? All the teams play at the same level?

West Coast where ya at?

So did that guy cop those releases in a commercial store or from the barbershop?

• Question: Is the South really here to stay?

Please be serious.

Atlanta = rap's capitol

If Atlanta is rap's capitol, it needs to answer for the 20% drop in rap record sales LY? Impeach!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Please be serious.

Atlanta = rap's capitol

If Atlanta is rap's capitol, it needs to answer for the 20% drop in rap record sales LY? Impeach!
    i think thats what they tried to do to dj drama

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Of course I think it's extremely funny that in '04 when Houston was doing its best Phoenix impression, the consensus on Soulstrut was that Paul Wall, moreso than Chamillionaire even, really had it going on. Now apparently, not so much.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    Of course I think it's extremely funny that in '04 when Houston was doing its best Phoenix impression, the consensus on Soulstrut was that Paul Wall, moreso than Chamillionaire even, really had it going on. Now apparently, not so much.

that must be a pretty satisfying chortle you're having. i find it more disappointing than anything that Houston can never seem to fucking follow through with anything.

but don't let me stop you from patting yourself on the back, mr. houston.