Emergency S_rato Help!

JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
Hey strutters-The turntables are reading the record going backward as though it's in a backspin while the turntable is moving foward... anyone ever encounter this???

Comments

• Wow i just posted i Microwave question myself... this has happened to me, trying taking the needle of that turntable and lick the end of it or lick your finger and rub it on the end of the needle. It helped for me.
    hope it works,

-N

• BashirBashir 25 Posts
    Usually that's just two wire's switched. Check to make sure your left and right rca's are the same some on all the cords (red to red, white to white). If that's not it, try to clean off the contacts on the end of your head shell and inside your tone arm with the eraser of a pencil. Also, if you're using turntables that have had their rca's replaced, it might not work with the replacement cords.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    thanks, it was the left and rights switched. I just installed a mixer interface at a bar, so i was trying to help a dude over the phone fix his setup to play there right now and couldn't look at it. Guess i must have switched a Lefty and Righty behind the mixer during the install... DOH!

Good looks all around folks. Thanks.

• mr.brettmr.brett 678 Posts
    try taking the needle of that turntable and lick the end of it or lick your finger and rub it on the end of the needle.

I've heard this is bad to do... can someone confirm?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    If you've ever taken a qtip and put a little rubbing alcohol on it and cleaned out the socket where the headshell goes in, you'll never put any turntable parts in your mouth again.
    Get to radioshack and buy the $5 Detoxit pen, it's well worth it.