low profile - we're in this together

autezautez 404 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
just picked up this tape and saw that the cd just went for about 80 bones on ebay. is the tape worth this much also?

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Doubt it. Usually tapes are only valuable when it's a cassette only release.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Generally a tape thats not a cassette-only release goes for under $5

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    just listen to that shit you fairy.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    just listen to that shit you fairy.

hahaha

you need that in your life.

• just listen to that shit you fairy.

Hahaha true fuck it be glad to own a copy on any format. I got a tape copy and I wouldn't sell it for the 5-12 bucks its worth.

• autezautez 404 Posts
    didnt say i was gonna sell it just curious fuckerz

• One of the best Hip Hop albums I own, worth it alone for 'Keep em flowin' and 'Pay Ya Dues'....oh yeah and 'Aladdins on a Rampage' CLASSIC DJ CUT.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I bought this tape the day it came out. (yes old man)

• I'm sure I bought this and Funky Technician on the same day in 90 -I might have to check the dates, maybe not as Low Pro says 89, anyway if I did that was one hell of a day.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I remember watching the video for Pay Ya Dues and after hearing those cuts I had to get it the day it dropped. That record was a major influence on me.

• Likewise, Pay Ya Dues and what WC was saying was basically the no nonsense Hip Hop code of ethics at that time. If you listen to 'know the ledge' you can hear that some of the chorus cuts are just ripped from the intro to Low Profiles 'funky song' am I the only one that ever noticed that ?

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    I bought this tape the day it came out. (yes old man)

same here... and it got jacked with about 300 other old school tapes when my truck got busted into back in 91. including some of my first beat tapes.... and i weep.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    hey can you guys tell me how much these are worth so i don't have to listen to them?

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    The Lps not worth much i'll take it off your hands for you

• Props to Noz, that is fantastic

• Likewise, Pay Ya Dues and what WC was saying was basically the no nonsense Hip Hop code of ethics at that time. If you listen to 'know the ledge' you can hear that some of the chorus cuts are just ripped from the intro to Low Profiles 'funky song' am I the only one that ever noticed that ?

didn't notice that but also on Diamond Shell's "rock on" im pretty sure they sample from Low Profile's "keep it flowin", you can hear the cuts and all...

• West Coast CLASSIC

• hey can you guys tell me how much these are worth so i don't have to listen to them?

my vinyl fetched $60 in the Katrina auction

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    hey can you guys tell me how much these are worth so i don't have to listen to them?

No, you've got it all wrong--he already said he plans to listen to it; he just wants to know how much he should enjoy it.