Gatchiman/G-Force/BOTP

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
I just picked up the new Gatchiman DVD box. I watched this back in the day as THE BATTLE OF THE PLANETS, which was the American dub. Anybody out there used to watch this or is a current Manga fan. This box set has the uncut versions. One episode has KEN(Mark/USA) slap this girl in order for her to press the button to activate a missle. I see why it was remixed. THis shit made that eras American superhero cartoons look puerile.

Comments

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    i need to see this new boxset

i havent seen g-force / battle of the planets since i was a kid.. but it was THE show for me as a young one...

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Yea, you have to see the original Japaneese versions. Way more violent. I was plesantly stunned when I saw them. I've just bought individual ones. Does the box set have the "uncut" and the American "cut" versions? It's funny to watch one and then the other. It's like reading Batman The Dark Knight and then watching the old Adam West TV Batman!!!!

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    i can most definatly do without 7 zark 7 that's fo sho

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Yea, you have to see the original Japaneese versions. Way more violent. I was plesantly stunned when I saw them. I've just bought individual ones. Does the box set have the "uncut" and the American "cut" versions? It's funny to watch one and then the other. It's like reading Batman The Dark Knight and then watching the old Adam West TV Batman!!!!

The Box only has the uncut Japanese versions. I read that the shoe has 205 total episodes, and the box has like 15. So im wondering if they're going to juice me with more boxes at $22.99 a piece.

The Box only has the uncut Japanese versions. I read that the shoe has 205 total episodes, and the box has like 15. So im wondering if they're going to juice me with more boxes at $22.99 a piece.

Damm! That show was around for a while. I don't think near that many ever played here in the states when I was a kid. I also forgot the the Japaneese version also has that funny musical number intro. If it's easy for you post the lyrics cuz they're kinda funny.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Damm! That show was around for a while. I don't think near that many ever played here in the states when I was a kid. I also forgot the the Japaneese version also has that funny musical number intro. If it's easy for you post the lyrics cuz they're kinda funny.
    Just google Gatchaman.

I forgot to mention I saw an episode of What Not to Wear with these 2 Asian girls and one of them had a "Princess" out fit. It was really nice too. I'm guessing she bought it.

One time I stumbled onto a Princess doll for $1 so i had to buy it. When my roommate saw it she thought something was seriously wrong with me. She had no idea who it was so it weirded her out. Mainly cuz you could see her white panties under her short skirt! That was even a little much for me.