Top Choice Clique EP (Crack it or Unpack it?)

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
So I got a sealed copy of Top Choice Clique - The Powers in the Words EP. How does this compare to their later 12"? Should I open it up, or move it?

Comments

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    If you're not a completist, move it on, I'd say.
    By FAR the best cut is 'I'll Do The Honors', which is kinda dope.

But not as dope as getting $150+ if you eBay'd it.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    do u have an mp3 of that track that i might be able to preview?

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    Here ya go...

Top Choice Clique 'I'll Do The Honors'

Let me know what you think. I kinda like it, but maybe that's mainly because the other cuts are so bad.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    glad i asked. anyone wanna buy this copy?

good lookin out on the audio file.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    when did it come out, relative to "Piece ofmind"?
    ive seen some other singles of theirs that didnt impress too much

Here ya go...

Top Choice Clique 'I'll Do The Honors'

nice horns.not al that though.

lets talk about hiphop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy9iN954_co

how you get the little youtube screen to pop up? im garbage with computer knowledge

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    To right of the youtube screen you'll find a window marked "URL", and below that, one marked "Embed" - that's the link you want to use. Just copy and paste it, like this:

thanks hommie!

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    when did it come out, relative to "Piece ofmind"?
    ive seen some other singles of theirs that didnt impress too much

It's from '88.
    'Peace Of Mind/You Can't Deal' is definitely the gem in this group's discography, but I don't mind 'I'll Do The Honors' either.

Their later stuff is not good though.

• To right of the youtube screen you'll find a window marked "URL", and below that, one marked "Embed" - that's the link you want to use. Just copy and paste it, like this:

this tragedy 12" is so dope..i loved this shit back when it dropped. what happened to rap music ? nobody talk about shit like this anymore...i cant stand rap now.

as for the top choice 12" in ? ...i have a few sealed left as well. ca-ca dooty, always was and always has been. peace of mind is unfuckwittable. that was huuuuge here. too bad most old boston releases never had good production, always stock drum sounds and no chord cheap keyboard shit...wait a minute, isnt that what makes a hit rap record today ? on the real...not one group from boston is beating t.d.s mob 12"s killer classics.....orangeman was ill too tho. edo is the truth.