boss sp-202 question

keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
last night the power cord stopped working and i'm not sure if this is a defect with these things because the last one i owned had the same thing happen (before it eventually died). can anyone recommend a good substitute power cord, i'm pretty sure you can't buy these directly from boss, and the one i got from radio shack is crap. oh, and i know they have updated this model twice, but i only use it for dj efx, so i'm sticking with it until Microwave incorporates efx into its program.thanks.

Comments

• rfbutterrfbutter 49 Posts
    When I had a 202 I had to use a toothpick and wedge it in with the adapter. In my case, I had to plug it in, push the plug upwards, and then put the tooth pick under the plug and then it stayed on. Not the most stable method but effective.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    202 also runs on batteries, no? i'm pretty sure wes used to have one before the 404 came out

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Gotta love the 202.

Radioshack Ac Adapter

Cat. No 273-1770
    Input: 120 VAC 60HZ1 2W
    Output: 9VDC 800mA

I'm sure you know Radioshack has mad adapter heads, you'll need one with a capital m "M" on it.

MY bad, didn't read your whole post. However, I've had this radioshack adapter for about four years and haven't had any problems with it. What is wrong with your adapter?

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Gotta love the 202.

Radioshack Ac Adapter

Cat. No 273-1770
    Input: 120 VAC 60HZ1 2W
    Output: 9VDC 800mA

I'm sure you know Radioshack has mad adapter heads, you'll need one with a capital m "M" on it.

MY bad, didn't read your whole post. However, I've had this radioshack adapter for about four years and haven't had any problems with it. What is wrong with your adapter?

the one i got from radioshack didn't work so i returned it, but the guy who sold it to me might not have given me the right adapter ( i dont remember seeing an "M" on it). thanks for that info!!

as far as letting it run on batteries goes, i've done this quite a bit, but 6 AA's only lasts me about 2 or 3 nights. so if the radioshack adapter doesnt work i might as well buy a new one for $60 or so on ebay.

• I have a 202 and also had to replace the adapter. Buy the Radio Shack model, but don't wrap the cord around the plug! That's how they get damaged. Very fragile little things.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    It was probably the terminating plug (on the end that plugs into the 202). The same thing happened to me.

• i've had no problems with my 202 adapter but sometimes for convenience reasons i use the adapter to my microkorg.