I heart GAMM (RR)

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
[i]1. Red Astaire - Follow me MOIST PANTIES (YOUNG_PHONICS-RELATED)[/b]2. True Beats - the workout3. 7 Samurai - bluesanova4. Tangoterje - Cant help it VERY NECESSARY[/b]5. Dubben - Rainha do dub6. Beatconductor - Crazy in Kingston NIIIIIIIICE[/b]7. Dancin Djedi - Body Surfin8. Red Astaire - Rollin Stone9. Marathon Men - Sweet Exorcist10. 7 Ssamurai - Muzic11. Red Astaire - Tito (MORSE CODE RE EDIT-RELATED)[/b]12. Jazzconductor - Entertainers13. Beatconductors - Sumthin Betta14. 7 Samurai - Marvin PERFECT LAST SONG[/b]

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i think i stopped buying them after that waaaaaaaaaaaaack "a love supreme" one but love the early ones

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    very very hit and miss, some really good, some ear achingly bad.

"can't help it" is the best thing they've put out by FAR. I think I own 5-6 gamm 12"s.

raw fusion tends to be more consistent.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I have checked for but never heard anything that grabbs me on the Gamm label. They always seem to have descriptions that make me think I'll like them, but then I am disappointed when I hear them.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    i havent listened to it in a minute but i remember liking and spinning "follow me". if i remember correctly its james shouts over a latin dance joint

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    red astaire seems to be the most consistent of there remixers/producers.

although the 7 samurai remix of dangelo's brown sugar is pretty smooth.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    very very hit and miss, some really good, some ear achingly bad.

my favourites are

Coll??n & Webb - golden
    Red Astaire - Take It Back To The Old School (NYC Salsa Mix)

• I love the "can't help it" and the D'angelo one but i never liked the Marvin Gaye remix. I'd rather listen to the "I want you" vocals/bass/percussion mix off the Deluxe Edition than hear a boring remix of it.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Red Astaire (aka Freddie Cruger) put out a full length album.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    There are some great ones indeed, though it is a bit hit or miss. "Follow me", "Golden" and a couple more are killer. I like 7 samurais remix of "Brothers gonna work it out", too.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Red Astaire (aka Freddie Cruger) put out a full length album.

I copped this the other week, and my girl loves it already. At times it reminds me of that "Jazz Not Jazz" shit that Eightball was putting out in the early 90's. There's the odd jarring keyclash on a couple of the blends but, generally, as a DJ tool it's terrific. It'll be getting a lot of spins from me.

Co-sign the hit-and-miss nature of some of GAMM's recent output, but that Palov & Mishkin EP's good.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Coll??n & Webb - golden

Co-sign on that one (again). Remember to flip it over once in a while, PP. The B-side does the do too.

• I like Todd Terje 12", now where can I find one myself

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts

[i]1. Red Astaire - Follow me MOIST PANTIES (YOUNG_PHONICS-RELATED)[/b]
    2. True Beats - the workout
    3. 7 Samurai - bluesanova
    4. Tangoterje - Cant help it VERY NECESSARY[/b]
    5. Dubben - Rainha do dub
    6. Beatconductor - Crazy in Kingston NIIIIIIIICE[/b]
    7. Dancin Djedi - Body Surfin
    8. Red Astaire - Rollin Stone
    9. Marathon Men - Sweet Exorcist
    10. 7 Ssamurai - Muzic
    11. Red Astaire - Tito (MORSE CODE RE EDIT-RELATED)[/b]
    12. Jazzconductor - Entertainers
    13. Beatconductors - Sumthin Betta
    14. 7 Samurai - Marvin PERFECT LAST SONG[/b]

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I'm a fan of the Beatfanatic/Beatconductor stuff, Red Astaire, the 7 Samurai tracks are usually tight. That Prao D and Boogie B 12" is nice. A funny little rap remix on one side and some good cut-and-paste breaks stuff on the other. The Sebi remixes are nice too.

And cosine on the Take It Back To the Old School 12". I'd love a copy, but there's only something like 200 of them out there.

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts
    My boy just did a re-edit of True Beats - the workout, so its more djable..Its really sick, but I love that I can mix it with ease now..

My boy just did a re-edit of True Beats - the workout, so its more djable..Its really sick, but I love that I can mix it with ease now..

Any chance I could hear that, or even get an mp3? No problem if not, but whenever I played that out last summer, it got a great response.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    That Prao D and Boogie B 12" is nice.

oh yes, I almost forgot this one. I also like the speech defect 12".

• magromanmagroman 88 Posts
    Best label of the Millenium is a big phrase, I almost used it......

Its a damn good one though......

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts

Any chance I could hear that, or even get an mp3? No problem if not, but whenever I played that out last summer, it got a great response.

Ill see if I can post it up this weekend, he did a really good job on fixing the begining and end.. Its a build up using the vocal..

Ill see if I can post it up this weekend, he did a really good job on fixing the begining and end.. Its a build up using the vocal..

Thanks, man. Whenever you can find the time would be great.