LOGGINS & MESSINA - FULL SAIL - OG/PRICE CZECH

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
ANYONE HAVE AN OG TO CHECK AGAINST? MATRIX NUMBERS??INSIDE COVER IS BROWN CARDBROAD!!!CAN SOMEONE WITH THE REISSUE TELL ME IF IT'S A GATEFOLD!? RING WEAR AND SEAM SPLITS MAKES ME THINK OG BUT I NEED TO BE SURE!! I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING ON THE INTERNET THANX IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP THANX BALLERZ!!

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    popsike should have all the info you need.
    i passed this by five years ago thinkin id see it again...of course not. id even settle for a reish at this point. absolute heat nuggets.

• Does it have "Subway Theme" on it?

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Oh yeah, baby! Who is sailing to the bank?

Does it have "Subway Theme" on it?

yeah but its the rerecorded version played by the Miami Sound Machine

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

IF U WANT TO USE PHOTOSHOP U NEED TO LEARN ANTI-ALIASING

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    The OG should be lightly scented with salt water.

If it is, congrats!

IF U WANT TO USE PHOTOSHOP U NEED TO LEARN ANTI-ALIASING

Anti-Alias THIS!! KAPOW!!!

hmmm ... mine smells like a vague combination of
    coconut oil, cannabis sativa and Myer's rum ... 2nd pressing?

hmmm ... mine smells like a vague combination of
    coconut oil, cannabis sativa and Myer's rum ... 2nd pressing?

Does yours float? (of course, the OG is completely waterproof)

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    i know selling this for the money is tempting but im sure one of them is going to die or they are going to come out with a reunion album and that goldmine will tripple goldmine.
    california vagina sailors for sure

i know selling this for the money is tempting but im sure one of them is going to die or they are going to come out with a reunion album and that goldmine will tripple goldmine.

Exactly why I'm glad I hung on to those stacks of Boston records. Thank you Brad Delp for setting up a grill in your bathroom.

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts

Yes that really is my dad 2nd from the left by the way. For real. Seriously.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts

Yes that really is my dad 2nd from the left by the way. For real. Seriously.

pics of you wearing dad's shirt or your soft

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    2nd yacht rocker to the left ='s AlGarth's Dad!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    this thread is underrated and funny

"anti-alias this!!"

"that yacht-rocker is really my dad"

"pics of you wearing your dad's shirt or you're soft"

"the OG should smell like salt water"

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    just be glad you have the cover...I unfortunately found mine shoved inside a Bellamy Bros. LP

Sadly one of them already has passed away. His name was John and he was the original bass player. According to my dad he was one of the greatest, most genuine, nice guys ever. He lost his battle to cancer a few years ago.

Although they are absolutely priceless to me, I doubt these records will ever go up in value because they sold so many damn copies. Just an example how different people value different things for different reasons.

Also.. the re-issue(CD) DOES NOT HAVE THE GATEFOLD. No pics of my dad or Merle, etc.. anywhere in fact. Just the lame (really homo) cover. Funny thing is that my dad ended up getting "let go" because Jim Messina had a fecal fetish and wrote a song about it that my dad didn't want to be a part of. About a year later the band broke up entirely.

But I still can't front on "Danny's Song". That was a hit for a reason. Back when songs had feeling and people were drawn to that. It was that weird post hippie hey everythings allright kinda vibe.

Sing this to anyone over 30 and see if they can't finish it:

"..and in the morning when I rise, you bring tears of joy...

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts

Sadly one of them already has passed away. His name was John and he was the original bass player. According to my dad he was one of the greatest, most genuine, nice guys ever. He lost his battle to cancer a few years ago.

Although they are absolutely priceless to me, I doubt these records will ever go up in value because they sold so many damn copies. Just an example how different people value different things for different reasons.

Also.. the re-issue(CD) DOES NOT HAVE THE GATEFOLD. No pics of my dad or Merle, etc.. anywhere in fact. Just the lame (really homo) cover. Funny thing is that my dad ended up getting "let go" because Jim Messina had a fecal fetish and wrote a song about it that my dad didn't want to be a part of. About a year later the band broke up entirely.

But I still can't front on "Danny's Song". That was a hit for a reason. Back when songs had feeling and people were drawn to that. It was that weird post hippie hey everythings allright kinda vibe.

Jim Messina had a fecal fetish and wrote a song about it

B/W

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    The album was pressed a number of times, and it did go gold so there's no need to search for OG copies. However, the album did have two slightly different catalog prefixes, basically the first two letters which was Columbia's price code. It was released around the time Columbia were about to up their prices for their basic albums ($6.98 to $7.98 or something), but if it's KC to PC or something to that effect, it might signify the album moving down to a lower (budget) price code. Full Sail[/b] ALWAYS had a gatefold when it was pressed on Columbia, even when they started "The Nice Price" thing. By that time, sales were small enough to where they didn't have to press up any future pressings, so if record stores happen to sell out, all they had to do was dip into the warehouse and ship from remaining inventory.

If you're actually looking for a valuable pressing of Full Sail[/b], you'd have to search for:

the quadraphonic pressing (PCQ-32540)

the audiophile "Super Disk" pressing on Columbia Direct Disc Labs (SD 16606)

Both were done in limited pressings, and since they were internal (i.e. Columbia did them instead of licensing them to other companies), both were done with the gatefolds. Columbia's "Super Disk" series was the early version of their Half Speed Mastersound series, and I think it paved the way for Nautilus (Brad Miller was already doing the Mobile Fidelity thing to some capacity with Mystic Moods and his train albums).

Like most quad albums, the quad mix of Full Sail[/b] is completely different, and that appeals to fans who either like the album, or enjoy hearing an alternate mix of the familiar. I always liked "You Need A Man/Coming To You", "Watching The River Run", and especially "Pathway To Glory".

As far as the regular stereo LP, that's one you'll always find at thrift stores, yard and garage sales, which should tell you that it isn't so rare, unless there's a first pressing that was done by a certain mastering engineer, like a Robert Ludwig or something.

...to my eyes and tell me everything's gonna be alright

Being a huge L&M fan since a kid, you're opening up a few doors for me. Messina had a fecal fetish? So Poco was code for "corpophilia"? In "Your Mama Don't Dance", the cop arrested him not for his long hair, but because he had brown fingers?

Here's my question, was the song recorded with L&M? If it's "Sweet Marie", that would be funny. Native Sons[/b] is the album where Messina also talked about Mazola and how one can't buy "hay for your ass", which was a literal reference to hay for a donkey, but who knows at this point.

Jon Clarke, the guy who shared horn duty (duty, heh heh heh) with Mr. Garth. He's the last guy in the gatefold. Larry Sims was their bassist (third guy).

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts

This needs to be an episode of the Jerry Springer Show.

This needs to be an episode of the Jerry Springer Show.

Or Maury Povich:

MP: We have the results here.
    AUDIENCE: Awwwww (BEEP!) That's what I...(BEEP!)
    MP: Wait, wait, wait, let's bring out the mustard lady.

That's funny, I have to use that one.

...to my eyes and tell me everything's gonna be alright

Being a huge L&M fan since a kid, you're opening up a few doors for me. Messina had a fecal fetish? So Poco was code for "corpophilia"? In "Your Mama Don't Dance", the cop arrested him not for his long hair, but because he had brown fingers?

Here's my question, was the song recorded with L&M? If it's "Sweet Marie", that would be funny. Native Sons[/b] is the album where Messina also talked about Mazola and how one can't buy "hay for your ass", which was a literal reference to hay for a donkey, but who knows at this point.

Jon Clarke, the guy who shared horn duty (duty, heh heh heh) with Mr. Garth. He's the last guy in the gatefold. Larry Sims was their bassist (third guy).

Wow I just spent like 20 minutes typing a WHOLE LOT about L&M and fecal fetishes etc.. I guess I stayed too long on the page because it reset and I lost everything. Funny I have never known soulstrut to reset before. Damn it.

But yeah my bad about getting the roles mixed up. John passed away but he was NOT the bass player as I mentioned previously.

If I get the energy to retype everything later I will. I'm so pissed right now.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    AL YOU MUST POST ABOUT THIS
    THIS WILL BE ONE OF THE ALL TIME GREATEST STRUT STORIES NO DOUBT

DO IT, JUST LIKE L&M SUPERDISK FANCY PRESS

HOLLEUR

you said fecal fetish!!??
    i misread that the other day as facial fetish.
    whoa!
    whole horse of a different color.