Santogold...

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
... is up next.I went to high school with Santi, been friends with her since forever. She's always been mad talented. She wrote mad songs for people, did like a lot of that Res album from a few years ago (slept on,) worked closely with another old friend of mine Chuck Treece. She had a band Stiffed that was dope, now she's doing the Santogold jawn. It's fucking TOUGH. Future music, man.Loving to see good friends, old friends, do it. Philly stand the fuck up.

Comments

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    ... is up next.

I went to high school with Santi, been friends with her since forever. She's always been mad talented. She wrote mad songs for people, did like a lot of that Res album from a few years ago (slept on,) worked closely with another old friend of mine Chuck Treece. She had a band Stiffed that was dope, now she's doing the Santogold jawn. It's fucking TOUGH. Future music, man.

Loving to see good friends, old friends, do it. Philly stand the fuck up.

She is a friend of Burton / Gravis too. She is also dating one of our pro-riders.

Good stuff.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yup. Big up to Trevor and Trouble! Good peoples all around.

• Chuck Treece.

I remember seeing a feature on him making music on SK8 TV but could never find out where to get his music. All the footage of him in the studio was really dope. What's he been doing?!?!?

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts
    here's a little profile that dj lindsey wrote on santo gold in january:

http://www.thefader.com/blog/articles/2007/01/30/fort-knocks

santi's song on the mark ronson "versions" covers album (a re-do of the jam's "pretty green") is a definite favorite right now.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Chuck Treece.

I remember seeing a feature on him making music on SK8 TV but could never find out where to get his music. All the footage of him in the studio was really dope. What's he been doing?!?!?

He's been chilling, splitting his time between Philly and Vegas. Philly legend... I've known Chuck for like 22 years or something like that.

• hells yes. y'all need to come to my parrrrrty already.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Can I get some free Nikes?

• if you're a cute girl

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Awesome.

• It's fucking TOUGH. Future music, man.

The RES album was sick, it's Santi's time suckas!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Great second post, man. Word up.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    I'm a fan. Can't wait to hear the new stuff.