Mountain - Long Red (live)

jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
is this from woodstock?i have a bootleg of the whole festival, and they do the whole "clap your hands to what he's doing" all the way down to the "YEAH" but the sound quality is pretty bad compared to The Road version.

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    is this from woodstock?
    i have a bootleg of the whole festival, and they do the whole "clap your hands to what he's doing" all the way down to the "YEAH" but the sound quality is pretty bad compared to The Road version.

Damn, I was hoping this was an OG check on a sleeves copy.

My guess is that Mountain did that routine every night for years. Exactly the same every night.

When I was a kid and started going to rock concerts they would always say "We love DC" and "DC has our favorite audence" and the MC would say "Give them a big DC welcome". I thought it was so cool to be in DC which had the best audiences that all the groups loved with our special welcome. So I was really bummed when I moved to Oklahoma and heard all the bands saying "We love Tulsa". Damn if a big Tulsa welcome didn't sound exactly like a big DC welcome.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

i have a bootleg of the whole festival

Obsessive Hippie Collectros Revealed!!

• is this from woodstock?
    i have a bootleg of the whole festival, and they do the whole "clap your hands to what he's doing" all the way down to the "YEAH" but the sound quality is pretty bad compared to The Road version.

i am interested to see if they do the whole "on beat" part like the white people still can't clap on beat...

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

i have a bootleg of the whole festival

Obsessive Hippie Collectros Revealed!!

it's mp3
    ive got a 4cd monterey festival, too.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

That's the exact same performance as the one on the "Road" live album that everybody knows... maybe just a bootleg recording, but it's definitely the same performance.

That's the exact same performance as the one on the "Road" live album that everybody knows... maybe just a bootleg recording, but it's definitely the same performance.

thats what i figured. its waaay too similar.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    is this from woodstock?

According to the Woodstock Project, in reference to the Mountain album it comes from:
    The... booklet doesn't say it, but Long Red and Waiting To Take You Away are from Woodstock.[/b]

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    i met leslie west in a studio[millwood ny] when i was a gopher and he was a super foulmouthed old fat mean and most assuredly mediocre guitar player who hated pretty much everything and anything not directly associated with his well being/fatness and happiness
    sort of like the ego of a 2 year old in the body of a 50 year old fat twat

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    They are some sloppy, hard rocking men:

i met leslie west in a studio[millwood ny] when i was a gopher and he was a super foulmouthed old fat mean and most assuredly mediocre guitar player who hated pretty much everything and anything not directly associated with his well being/fatness and happiness

i think a would be appropriate.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

not really
    i was 18 at the time and the studio owners thought he was an asshole as well

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

not really
    i was 18 at the time and the studio owners thought he was an asshole as well

He may be an asshole in his personal life but his musical legacy, all the great music he created and the... No wait, that's someone else.

He may be an asshole in his personal life but his musical legacy, all the great music he created and the... No wait, that's someone else.