Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    ok capadonna

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Well Redman has had hits since then...

I mean god, do you even party?
    tepid. seriously, way to kill w/ overuse

Well do you?

Because if you did, you might recall that Christina Aguilera single he was on.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    that came out 5 years ago! and was a poor man's version of "Let's Get Dirty"

No thats not really 'straight deejery"

Not even the progenitor of deejery wants to admit to engaging in it?

Your movement is in trouble, son.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Not to mention his Show with method Man, that even though it lasted barelya season still caught considerable attention a couple/few years ago.

Also I would add on the GillaHouse Mixtapes were off the hook.

And he has been on tour constantly with the Rock the Bells over the last year.

that came out 5 years ago! and was a poor man's version of "Let's Get Dirty"

The global popstar that is Christina Aguillera enlists Redman to help her remake one of his records?

You're not really helping your case for his irrelevance.

Also, 5 years = still more recent than the album he did with Method Man.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    faux rillz arguing for a washed up rapper's relevence based on a five-year-old aguilera single. never thought i would see the day

i'll check the album, its possible yr support is justified but i didn't see it.

faux rillz arguing for a washed up rapper's relevence based on a five-year-old aguilera single. never thought i would see the day

Dude, please employ a little precision in your arguments.

The issues with Redman's career have never stemmed from him being "washed up".

And, deej, you're the one who introduced the idea of "people knowing of him on a large scale"--I am merely pointing out that doing big singles with Christina Aguiellera might have some something to do with that.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

ludacris has been playing redman for us all this time. and the lead single on this record suggests he's been doing a better job of it. Now that Luda's pulled a zzz&B move i don't know, maybe this will be worth checking but still! that lead single is pretty

And this is some pretty tepid deejery.

I WANT THE REAL!

I want to hear about how some peripheral member of Ludacris's crew is a better rapper than Redman!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    anyway my point in bringing up method man was just that i hadn't been checking for either dude in awhile and while obviously Red has better recorded output they both scream 'late 90s/early 00s' and i dont know that Red has reinvention in him.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    And this is some pretty tepid deejery.

I WANT THE REAL!

I want to hear about how some peripheral member of Ludacris's crew is a better rapper than Redman!
    Shawnna!

Gettin Some Head > this timbo song

before you willfully misinterpret like you do w/ everything i write, redman > shawnna

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

ludacris has been playing redman for us all this time.

Not anymore.

anyway my point in bringing up method man was just that i hadn't been checking for either dude in awhile and while obviously Red has better recorded output they both scream 'late 90s/early 00s' and i dont know that Red has reinvention in him.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

- someone from the east coast

we'll see when this bricks.

LIVE FROM THE BRICKS

• anyway my point in bringing up method man was just that i hadn't been checking for either dude in awhile and while obviously Red has better recorded output they both scream 'late 90s/early 00s' and i dont know that Red has reinvention in him.

LIVE FROM THE BRICKS

What does your contempt for New York come from? Or I guess in this case, Newark.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    do you even party?

do you even party?

do you even party?

do you even party?

do you even party?

We will?

If "seeing" = a discussion of Shawnna's numbers

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i'd be willing to look at radio spins between Shawnna's single and Redmans

Nevermind that Shawnna never had a tv show, deoderant commercials and a 15+ year legacy in the game

Redman is clever. I mean I really think dude is smart. Not just "well-spoken." If the SATs weren't so cuturally biased, I think dude would score favorably. Maybe even as high as me.

Luda, on the other hand, has got to be one of the more ignorant rappers of his generation. I look at his goofy mug and think, "this guy prolly has trouble tying his own shoes."

• dayday 9,611 Posts

do you even party?

do you even party?

do you even party?

do you even party?

do you even party?

Redman is clever. I mean I really think dude is smart. Not just "well-spoken." If the SATs weren't so cuturally biased, I think dude would score favorably. Maybe even as high as me.

Luda, on the other hand, has got to be one of the more ignorant rappers of his generation. I look at his goofy mug and think, "this guy prolly has trouble tying his own shoes."

I think Ludacris is one one the better mcs in the last 10 years.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

I think Ludacris is one one the better mcs in the last 10 years.

I agree.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Well I think that in the current climate, Redman with his core audience that will buy his record sut because its him will do well and will actually guarentee x amount of sales. Where a relatively unknown will not do anything. CD sales are becoming less and less of a way to judge an artist's popularity at a faster and faster pace. That argument of numbers makes the artst, even though tired whenever is brought up has become less relevent. if an artist does 100K the first week at this point those are solid numbers. if they do more than that its phenomenal.

Yes, but you don't like rap.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Luda, on the other hand, has got to be one of the more ignorant rappers of his generation. I look at his goofy mug and think, "this guy prolly has trouble tying his own shoes."[/b]

wtf

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I haven't listened to Luda in a minute, but dude has skills on the mic.

Luda, on the other hand, has got to be one of the more ignorant rappers of his generation. I look at his goofy mug and think, "this guy prolly has trouble tying his own shoes."[/b]

wtf

Yes that post was a weird combination of demeaning paternalism as applied to the Northern rapper that Chad approves of, and cryptoracist slurs directed at the Southern rapper whom he doesn't find acceptable.

In other words, signature SoulStrut.

wtf

Yes that post was a weird combination of demeaning paternalism as applied to the Northern rapper that Chad approves of, and cryptoracist slurs directed at the Southern rapper whom he doesn't find acceptable.

In other words, signature SoulStrut.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SIGNATURE SOULSTRUT^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^