Ear Surgery Strut (caption/clowning opportunity)

kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
Fuck a weekend find...i'm flossing a new right eardrum, batches! Redbadge of courage up in here!Peep game...If i ever motivate to make a mix, that second shot is gonna be my cover. And, if i write anything stupid wordy or ridiculous this weekend, just know- that's the percocet talking.

Comments

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    i have eerily similar pics, except i was 7

tympanoplasty adnoidectomy like whoa

• i have eerily similar pics, except i was 7

tympanoplasty adnoidectomy like whoa

Hells yes! this is my second one....first was about 7 years ago.

• And, besides taking care of me, the wife dropped a candi staton 45 on me to hear with my new ear. "I'd Rather be an Old Man's Sweetheart," for her surgically inclined 'old man'.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    What on earth did they do to you and why?

• replaced right ear drum with skin graft; lined ear canal with skin graft from upper arm. had to lift my ear off to do it.

why? 10 ear infections/year from a ruptured ear drum that never healed right.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    replaced right ear drum with skin graft; lined ear canal with skin graft from upper arm. had to lift my ear off to do it.

Holy fuck. Respect to you my man. I hope you get better soon.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    ive had left ear problems for a long time too... i had three surgeries in my late teens/early twenties.

93- RADICAL MASTOIDECTOMY
    94 - MYRINGOPLASTY
    96 - MASTOIDECTOMY/Reconstructive Surgery

had skin growing through my ear drum and ate away at the little bones inside my ear. they had to use cartilege (sp?) from my ear to reconstruct the inner bones. i still can only hear 25% out of my left side.

going in for back surgery later this year. HELLA FUN!

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    im _____ you'll be __________with your new___________and that it ____________work fine.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    replaced right ear drum with skin graft; lined ear canal with skin graft from upper arm. had to lift my ear off to do it.

Holy fuck. Respect to you my man. I hope you get better soon.

For real, that sounds rough. I can barely deal when there is water stuck in my ear after going swimming.

• Thanks for the well wishes...truth be told, as surgeries go, this wasn't so bad- outpatient yesterday, slept in my own bed, posting on the strut last night and all. still feel groggy and crappy, but considering a doctor cut my ear off and sewed it back on yesterday, i'm feeling great.

besides...it is funny that i look like i'm wearing a diaperjockstrap on my head. i mean, anyone can have a laugh at that.

Now, what Jinx is gonna have to do...shit. they didn't have to go into my inner ear for this. THAT is when some shit can go down. jinx, best of luck later this year. i'll pop a perc for ya, mang.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Damn. Any hearing loss? Besides the muffling created by the ear diaper?

It's like being asshurt, but for your ears. Like a Game record.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    just spent 5 hours reading about the ear. its nuts what surgery can do.

get better soon dawg. and nice avatar!

• HEY THERE.... HELLLLLLLLLLO.... CAN YOU PLEASE ANSWER ME?

WHAT ARE YOU FRICKEN DEAFFFFFFFFFFFFF

DUDE YOU LOOK LIKE YOUR SPORTING AN 1940'S FOOTBALL HELMET THAT'S MISSING ONE SIDE.

JUST PLAYING

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I hear that.

DUDE YOU LOOK LIKE YOUR SPORTING AN 1940'S FOOTBALL HELMET THAT'S MISSING ONE SIDE.

JUST PLAYING

Wow, dude. Nice.

you back from Euro? Good trip?

Drop a line...

Helmet is off; still wearing a hat, as my haircut looks stupid. getting that cut Tues.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    did you have hearing loss before your surgery? if so did it come back or are you still having some sound loss?

im 75% deaf (give or take a few %s) in my left ear. mostly i cant hear the low end on the sound spectrum. not that anyone cares... sharestruting.

JUST PLAYING

Wow, dude. Nice.

you back from Euro? Good trip?

Drop a line...

Helmet is off; still wearing a hat, as my haircut looks stupid. getting that cut Tues.

Europe was pretty sick, i checked out Jim Morrisons grave when i was in paris, and when in Amsterdam my girl and i ate a quarter oz. of shrooms right in a resturant while we waited for our dinner and nobody said shit.

good to hear from ya

• did you have hearing loss before your surgery? if so did it come back or are you still having some sound loss?

im 75% deaf (give or take a few %s) in my left ear. mostly i cant hear the low end on the sound spectrum. not that anyone cares... sharestruting.

Not a huge percentage loss in my right ear; about 10-20%. Biggest problem is I couldn't regulate pressure, so when I talked it would pop & crackle. So, I mostly couldn't hear because of that.

So far, limited results on that. I have to do ear drops twice daily, and shit is really scabbed up in there still. Will be another month or so before I find out if shit works.

I remember what you wrote up top about your ears. Man. No joke- best of luck with that. Inner ear shit is crazy. At least with this surgery, they didn't get into the inner part, so there was tres minimal risk of hearing loss. Once you start fucking around in there...then again, if you're already down 75%, what's a few more, for the chance at hearing again?

Anyway, keep sharing. Ear shit is fascinating. For a group of music obsessed folks, we don't often think about our aural organs. Not to mention what they do for us for balance, and their bone structure.

Respect those ears, y'all. nothing else like 'em.