UFC Purchases Pride? (MMAR)

2»

Comments

• BashirBashir 25 Posts
    Eh, worst thing about the GSP/Serra fight is that Hughes probably ends up getting the title back.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    OHH SHIT! UFC just signed Minatauro!

It was too loud at Hooter's, can somebody elaborate on this? Is he under a per fight contract? will he continue to fight in Pride? what's the deal.

On another note, UFC is really getting better at producing these events. The web pages for these things look SHARP.

I watched the entirety of UFC 69 and Pride 34. I am burned the fuck out.

Really sad to see the end of an era led by Sakakibara. I guess all good things must come to an end. I'm still gonna rep Pride hard though.

As they say over at Sherdog.

WAR PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Sakakibara you are the man.

• HOLY SHIT! i've been avoiding this thread until i saw the fight. GSP got beat fair and square. THAT'S CRAZY!

bad part.. Matt Hughes is gonna whoop Serra.

and the Diego fight SUCKED.. Diego didn't really get beat, he just didn't win. He was with like six counter shots, unfortunately they were the only hits of the fight. I hate guys that fight not to lose. You should fight to win. Josh is a BITCH and I hope somebody breaks his face.

WACK LINE UP THOUGH. THIS WAS NOT PPV WORTHY AT ALL!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    HOLY SCHITT.

2007: year of the upsets.

glad I got drunk and forgot to put money on this one.

HOLY SCHITT.

been thinking about the fights and wanted to know if anyone else is thinking they were works?

• that's just rediculous. I mean in your head it's nice to think about. But no way are guys like gsp taking dives. These guys have a lot of pride. Plus i don't think DANA was too happy.

I mean in your head it's nice to think about.

yeah it's great.

HOLY SCHITT.

been thinking about the fights and wanted to know if anyone else is thinking they were works?

Absolutely not. Those looked like big-time KO's to me. Besides, Pride and UFC have grown to a point where they probably have more to lose with fixed fights.

Maybe Fedor will lose in Bodog! lol

OHH SHIT! UFC just signed Minatauro!

YES.

• Dana looked BUMMED when Matt Serra won. Not as bummed as I looked, though. GodDAMN, that sucked.

And that Diego-Kos fight was the weakest shit ever, especially after all the buildup and hype. Diego bugs the shit out of me, but Kos is an asshole. It was a no-win for me.

And cosine your comments on Matt Hughes bitchmade reaction to GSP's loss. I'm sure he'll get a shot at Serra, but I actually kinda like Serra's chance in the Battle of the Matts. Think about it: he clearly has a puncher's chance, and his jiu jitsu is excellent (think about the BJ Penn/Hughes fights).

Dana looked BUMMED when Matt Serra won.

Similar to Sakakibara and others' reaction when Dan Henderson KO'd Wanderlei Silva at Pride 33.

hahaha. I'm broke as a joke right now....i better start saving.

Concerts, Laker games, this is another thing on my To-Do list.

da-ng. is that like a hotel suite? or a condo? that looks nice. i'll tell you in a couple months if i have the dough.

Crocop/Gonzaga next weekend. Man, UFC is seemingly having fights every other week or something! insane.

And cosine your comments on Matt Hughes bitchmade reaction to GSP's loss.

him and sean sherk were both giggling like little bitches. of course, they've both been beat by GSP so I guess they felt vindicated. weak.

the use of marijuana aided [/b] in the Californian's Feb. 24 win over the PRIDE champion

lol. right I'm sure all that weed really helped him in the ring.

so when we plannin a ufc strut trip to vegas fuck this web chat...

I am all about this. I am tentatively planning for the weekend of 5/11. not sure if there's any good events that weekend; it just happens to be the best weekend for me and my buddy from DC to get out there.

but for real we should pick an event and plan a weekend around it.

• My .02: wifey and I went to UFC 57 in Vegas last February. All in all, it was pretty cool (Randy Chuck III and some other exciting fights), but it's not something I'd do again. Plus, I remembered that I kind of hate Vegas.

UFC's popularity is only going up, so tickets--even for lame seats--will likely start at $150. They were out of the $100 tix when we bought ours (and we bought early), so we paid $200 apiece. Yikes! Of course, we made a long weekend of it and did other stuff, but I'd only go to another UFC if it were local and I got a hookup.

My .02: wifey and I went to UFC 57 in Vegas last February. All in all, it was pretty cool (Randy Chuck III and some other exciting fights), but it's not something I'd do again. Plus, I remembered that I kind of hate Vegas.

UFC's popularity is only going up, so tickets--even for lame seats--will likely start at $150. They were out of the $100 tix when we bought ours (and we bought early), so we paid $200 apiece. Yikes! Of course, we made a long weekend of it and did other stuff, but I'd only go to another UFC if it were local and I got a hookup.

man up and leave wifey at home.

YES. REEEEEEEEEEMATCH.

• BTW: This gif just in from the latest Pride:

BTW: This gif just in from the latest Pride:

hahaha.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

LOL.

da-ng. is that like a hotel suite? or a condo? that looks nice. i'll tell you in a couple months if i have the dough.

Crocop/Gonzaga next weekend. Man, UFC is seemingly having fights every other week or something! insane.

condo, w/ a sick view of the strip tix for events are under 70$ but we can only buy 8 per person... & i will def get some tix free as well + spot to stay is free, so get your stripper loot & you blackjack feds ready...
    lets do this shit...

Niiiiice. i will try to roll with yall.

hahaha.

I thought Takimoto was finished at this point. That position is one of the funniest in MMA. Someone's crotch in your face, and you're helpless. Probably not the best feeling.

• sindiansindian 68 Posts
    i cant make htis one but you should plan for 5/26 UFC?? 71: LIDDELL VS. JACKSON - 05/26/2007

I'll be going to 71. Let me know if any of y'all are going. I've never been to Vegas, so I'd appreciate any info you local cats could provide.

• BashirBashir 25 Posts

This is suppossedly the May 20th Pride Light Weight Grand Prix line up with Hughes and Diego crossing over for it.

Left to right: Azeredo, Hansen, Kawajiri, Aoki, Hughes, Gomi, Sakurai, Diego, Melendez, Ishida, Aurelio, and Buscape

This is suppossedly the May 20th Pride Light Weight Grand Prix line up with Hughes and Diego crossing over for it.

Left to right: Azeredo, Hansen, Kawajiri, Aoki, Hughes, Gomi, Sakurai, Diego, Melendez, Ishida, Aurelio, and Buscape

Says in Japanese "Man Kind's Most Competitive Weight Class".

Any combination of those can be main cards. How about a Aurelio vs Aoki??