Beat Post...Batches!!!

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
Hey,I finally got out of my beat "funk" (no pun intended) and made some beats. Check out the first three joints on my Soundclick site Big Stacks's Soundclick Site The 1st joint is a rough mix Nite (my MC) and I recorded at the studio on Saturday afternoon. The other two are instrumental joints I made last week that are probably going on my eventual solo CD (I'll probably finish it up sometime next year). Enjoy!!!Peace,Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• That Uncut Raw shit is ...beat and rhymes.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Hey,

I finally got out of my beat "funk" (no pun intended) and made some beats. Check out the first three joints on my Soundclick site Big Stacks's Soundclick Site The 1st joint is a rough mix Nite (my MC) and I recorded at the studio on Saturday afternoon. The other two are song instrumental joints I made last week that are probably going on my eventual solo CD (I'll probably finish it up sometime next year). Enjoy!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

P#$@%*&!!!!

• Damn dude Uncut Raw (aptly named) is really killing it. AAA++++++++++

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Thanks, dude!!! I glad to see y'all are feeling it. I haven't spit 16 on a track since "Got Tha" (set to "Dizzy" by Tommy Roe and a piano riff from "Lonnie's Lament" by War) back in 1992 (same EP as those Birds of a Feather jawns on my Soundclick site).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Yes! taking me back in a good way Stacks

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    All three of those tracks are off the hook, Big Stacks! Definitely an inspiration. I've been reserving Friday nights for my cook-up sessions, hopefully I can whip up something later on. Can't wait to hear a collection of your beats on CD.

• ericeric 155 Posts
    Hey,

I finally got out of my beat "funk" (no pun intended) and made some beats. Check out the first three joints on my Soundclick site Big Stacks's Soundclick Site The 1st joint is a rough mix Nite (my MC) and I recorded at the studio on Saturday afternoon. The other two are instrumental joints I made last week that are probably going on my eventual solo CD (I'll probably finish it up sometime next year). Enjoy!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

BANG!!!!!!!
    the only thing is that maybe the sample is to low and kick and snare to loud, but dayum it's fat.(uncut raw)

got a new roddy rod remix on our myspace page.
    infinitskills

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Hey Martin,

I like that one, funky and spacey. It gives me a vibe like some late 70's progressive jazz, with a twist. Nice job!!!! Thanks for the props, dudes!!! And D-Nice, who says my CD is gonna be an instrumental?

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• tayoisnttayoisnt 17 Posts
    www.myspace.com/tayoisnt

Made My Way - for better or worse, this is representative of my next record.

Uh Huh - classicist boombap, i'd like to think.

PF Wu Comp - attempt to impress Mathematics in a Wu-channeling comp.

will peep everyone's new stuff later on, props due to Big Stacks for starting the thread.

• nice stacks. this one is getting written to right now... grimey, hard, raw ish

collabo.mp3

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Loving the beats, Stacks!

I??m having a bit of a funk myself, but it??s all pretty much equipment-related (why does EVERYTHING decide to break at once? I don??t get it)

But I added some older things to my Myspace page. I wish I could link the tunes directly, but it??s beyond me at the moment

http://www.myspace.com/funkateermusic

Any feedback welcome!

- J

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i know you guys cant get enough of my new beastie boys remixes, so i unleash on you another:
    i give you

"Unite" the (jaymack remix)
    http://www.zshare.net/audio/beastie-boys-unite-jaymack-remix-mp3.html

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    here's the instrumental version of the album i put out last year. it is about to be released on wax. but i will just post it on here for the meantime.

scan it. drop some thoughts. whatever.

thank you

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xebu1e

Hey Dudes,

I'm really those beats!!! I like the Beasties Remix, Enki's mix, Eric's joint (though the final high-pitched note at the end is somewhat out-of-tune; but still bangin', son!!!) Cosmo had some cool, different stuff, as did Tayoinst (especially the 3rd joint). Behemoth, I'll download your CD and check it out later. I always marvel at the talent on the 'Strut.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak