edited March 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Doce

Gabana

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Locations for days.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    A.W.E.S.O.M.E. You cant make that shit up, fuggin' bad ass.

John Singleton put Shangri-La records on his website when Hustle and Flow came out and for some reason folks thought we put out the soundtrack...we got loads of demos from a buncha G-rap Wannabes that wanted us to put out their record...I should find some of the "press packs" we got...hilarious

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    HA, classic! And if you blocked his address in his letter, you might want to do the same with the return address on the envelope!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    This is so good it's like a million calorie doughnut!

we got loads of demos from a buncha G-rap Wannabes that wanted us to put out their record...I should find some of the "press packs" we got...hilarious

OMG. Please do.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I blocked his phone number. I don't give a shit if you guys want to write him a letter.

This dude's mom called me like a year ago... I forgot all about it... I gave him all this bogus information that is in the letter and he actually went and followed it all up. I can't believe this exists

I feel a little bad, but not really.

Seriously. I had to read this several times to figure out what he wants.

It's a jacket. Right?

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    luckily the sadie hawkins happens every year so it will never be to late to complete his outfit.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    At least he told you that he's planning on going to college so you know he's legit.

Regardless, being a dude and planning your wardrobe in advance for a Sadie Hawkins dance, let alone a wardrobe that requires you write to a record label in order to complete it? Truly, a delicious combination of 25% metrosexual and 75% utterly delusional.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts

It's a jacket. Right?

its a round about way to score a record deal

Yeah some jacket Kanye wore in Rolling Stone. I told his mom "Kanye wears strictly Dolce & Gabanna. But he only buys it at the D&G store in Italy."

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts

It's a jacket. Right?

He wants a miracle disguised as a jacket.

That was amzing.

I blocked his phone number. I don't give a shit if you guys want to write him a letter.

This dude's mom called me like a year ago... I forgot all about it... I gave him all this bogus information that is in the letter and he actually went and followed it all up. I can't believe this exists

OK. Then somebody needs to take the role of Kanye's stylist.

Does anyone have a photo of this jacket? Is it this one?

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    This is great..... Now you gotta make with a jacket!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

OK. Then somebody needs to take the role of Kanye's stylist.

Reynaldo is a lock for this.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    word robe
    word robe
    word robe
    word robe
    word robe
    word robe
    word robe
    word robe

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Plaese to issue me a late pass and excuse my know-not-ness...but I had no idea you worked for G.O.O.D. Music, Mr. Paycheck. What do you do there?

Also: Over-the-transom press/promo packs are frequently hilarious. I always did feel a bit bad for laughing, particularly at the ones that were really earnest and sincere, but when they're hilariously inept, they're hilariously inept. I couldn't help it.

And finally, that letter is classic.

Plaese to issue me a late pass and excuse my know-not-ness...but I had no idea you worked for G.O.O.D. Music, Mr. Paycheck. What do you do there?

You twit I run a record shop called Good Records NYC.

He wants a free jacket.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

Im going to send him a box, with your return address, and put a crummy old suit jacket of mine inside.

psych, psych, psych.

signed,

super-psych.

Ah, that would explain it. Dur! I'll go son myself now.

He wants a free jacket.

Well, now that you mention it....

Ah, that would explain it. Dur! I'll go son myself now.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

Was it something like this?

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    This is awesome... there's so much potential to keep messing with this kid!

Now I'm just spitballing here, but how about a reply from "Kanye" saying that he destroys all his clothes after appearing in them and forces the designer/manufacturer to stop carrying them. Then you could write another letter from a "disgruntled assistant" saying that you were in charge of destroying the jacket, but decided to keep that one and would be willing to give it up for free just to spite Kanye.

Someone funnier and more creative than me come up with something sweet. I'd feel bad about it, but it's too funny (and completely harmless)

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

Someone funnier and more creative than me come up with something sweet. I'd feel bad about it, but it's too funny (and completely harmless)

I'll take it from here,

then when the kid comes to pick it up, WHAM! you hit him in the face with a baseball bat and then pee on him while he's lying unconscious.

oh, man, that would be so sweet.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    I spent about three years as the News Aide (Editorial Assistant) on the Foreign News Desk of the Washington Post. One of my jobs was to open, check and screen the mail to the desk.
    We would get letters from all over the world. Besides the usual Nigerian money scams we'd get letters from guys offering up designs for atomic weapons (for only $50,000 the Post would have an exclusive) and all kinds of other weirdness.
    My favorite (I used to post the best ones by my desk) was one from the president of the Muhammad Ali Fan Club of Ghana wanting us (the Post) to get them an autographed photo of the champ. Not sure why he thought of us.

I gotta dig some of those out.

• WORD ROBE[/b]

+

the space he left himself for a signature but neglected to use.