Buy the Prodigy/Alchemist album or shut up.

2»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    "I bring my kids to Sesame Place, I bring my heat.."

Dead-on Prodigy Parody:

FRONTIN'
    KILLIN' NUTTIN'
    YOU NI**AZ IS REAL GAY
    SEE ME SHININ'
    MAD DIAMONDS
    NOW WHAT CAN I SAY?

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Thanks for the info. Give the album a 2nd chance BATMON!

Compared to Devin & Redman this is not as strong IMO.

Where does Prodigy place in your private mind garden list of mcs?
    Where does Alchemist place.........?

I gotta disagree. The Redman album, while better than expected is only about 40% decent, I start skipping 1/2 way through. THe prodigy album is just a nice break from everything else out.

Also the skreets is feelin it.. Sold out of the Prodigy album in a week while the Redman album is:

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I gotta disagree. The Redman album, while better than expected is only about 40% decent, I start skipping 1/2 way through. THe prodigy album is just a nice break from everything else out.

Also the skreets is feelin it.. Sold out of the Prodigy album in a week while the Redman album is:

Alchemist used Barry White's Playin Your Game Baby loop & That Black Moon hit sample.

Havent you heard these enuff? C'mon F for originality.

Alchemist used Barry White's Playin Your Game Baby loop & That Black Moon hit sample.

Yeah, but it was originally supposed to just be a mixtape. Would you object to a rapper using classics like that in a mixtape context?

I have to retract some of my earlier hate and say that I think this is actually quite good--apparently the leak that I had was a fake, because this is much better.

Yeah, but it was originally supposed to just be a mixtape. Would you object to a rapper using classics like that in a mixtape context?

I have to retract some of my earlier hate and say that I think this is actually quite good--apparently the leak that I had was a fake, because this is much better.

No problem w/ those being mixtape joints.

No i have no problem with them flipping that sample again. Almost every sample on the CD was a reused classic and/or perhaps over-used source that really have not been used in a long time. Add to that the way Alchemist flipped NewYork Shit and to me, as a mixtape and now commercial release this is nice as hell. its actually pretty funny too: The 2 beef pattie special sauce... THE BIG MOTHERFUCKIN MAC! line is great.

And seriously if you are going to get asshurt over Alchemist re-flipping classic soul samples then you must hate Will.i.am for just straight jacking other people's beats. Reusing a sample is nothing new and is hardly a sticking point when it creates something worth listening to.

No i have no problem with them flipping that sample again. Almost every sample on the CD was a reused classic and/or perhaps over-used source that really have not been used in a long time. Add to that the way Alchemist flipped NewYork Shit and to me, as a mixtape and now commercial release this is nice as hell. its actually pretty funny too: The 2 beef pattie special sauce... THE BIG MOTHERFUCKIN MAC! line is great.

And seriously if you are going to get asshurt over Alchemist re-flipping classic soul samples then you must hate Will.i.am for just straight jacking other people's beats. Reusing a sample is nothing new and is hardly a sticking point when it creates something worth listening to.

We have different standards.

So youll go on record sayin that album/mixtape.........

is better than Red Gone Wild?

We have different standards.

I never listened to return of the Mack so i could not tell you if it is or isn't. I would be interested to know how you drew that conclusion though? My only point is if you are concerned about Return of the Mac using previously used samples then there are a whole lot of hip-hop albums you are going to/or should have a problem with.

They're pretty different.

I like them both. I like the conceptual arc of Prodigy's album. The concept of Redman's album is really just "here's some excellent Redman tracks"--I'm not mad at that, but I think some people are overly impressed with it because it's been almost a decade since his last good album.

Is it really necessary to decide which one is better?

I never listened to return of the Mack so i could not tell you if it is or isn't. I would be interested to know how you drew that conclusion though? My only point is if you are concerned about Return of the Mac using previously used samples then there are a whole lot of hip-hop albums you are going to/or should have a problem with.

When I heard the album about 4 to 6 times I said to myself - "WTF, they used that?"
    And Prodigy not holding my attention, just drowing underneath the beats, is why i wasnt impressed overall.
    Of course there are moments but not enuff 4 me.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Is it really necessary to decide which one is better?
    careful...dangerously close to apples and oranges...

still need to hear the redman record but this prodigy is way better than the leak i had posted.

btw anyone who's on emusic fair warning - they only have the clean version up for some reason and its not labelled as such (wtf!)

When I heard the album about 4 to 6 times I said to myself - "WTF, they used that?"
    And Prodigy not holding my attention, just drowing underneath the beats, is why i wasnt impressed overall.
    Of course there are moments but not enuff 4 me.

let me backpeddle and say 2 to 3 times I said WTF?

7TH Heaven =

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    "Stuck on You"

"Stuck on You"

"Stuck on You"

"Stuck on You"

"Stuck on You"

"Stuck on You"

"Stuck on You"

"Stuck on You"

"Stuck on You"