Chuck Chillout

djnikolessdjnikoless 236 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
i'm doing a focus on chuck chillout. I checked discogs.com and they had a decent one on him. I only found a few things my collection they didn't list. Anyone know of any Chuck Chillout projets:Deuces Wild-Decues is Def b/w 5 times The Rhymer [produced by tracks]Chuck Chillout-The Operator [produced]Also, does anyone know what he is up to these days? I was surprised not to find him on myspace...anyway, here is a link to his discogs.com report for anyone interested and wants to save time: http://www.discogs.com/artist/Chuck+Chilloutnot a bad resume

Comments

• i'm doing a focus on chuck chillout. I checked discogs.com and they had a decent one on him. I only found a few things my collection they didn't list. Anyone know of any Chuck Chillout projects:

Deuces Wild-Decues is Def b/w 5 times The Rhymer [produced by tracks]
    Chuck Chillout-The Operator [produced]

Also, does anyone know what he is up to these days? I was surprised not to find him on myspace...

anyway, here is a link to his discogs.com report for anyone interested and wants to save time: http://www.discogs.com/artist/Chuck+Chillout

not a bad resume

He had more cuts than my man Chuck Chillout

a true legend and under rated one at that.

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    IOnce I heard that he did this record lable, but I'm not shure. I'm shure that he released on record on that lable.

Phat Wax Records

This is Text I found. At the end they are saying that he has a record pool and is working for satelite radio.

Check it:

The B-boys hail from the Bronx, New York.

Their best known record is "Rock The House" which has been sampled on just about every early cut and paste jam.

"2 3 break" and "Cuttin Herbie" were two equally good scratch instrumentals displaying the turntable finesse of Chuck Chillout. "2 3 break" was one of the first records to cut up the well known "Rocket in the pocket" break by Cerrone. All of these tracks were released on Vintertainment records in 1983.

1985 saw their return with "Stick Up Kid" and "Girls" and "Girls Part 2".

Chuck Chillout worked with Run DMC on the "King of Rock" LP primarily on the cut "Daryll & Joe".

Chuck Chillout went on to host a NY rap show on WBLS. In the mid 80's he putt out a solo record on Vintertainment called "Hip Hop On Wax Part 1". This release was part of a three part series. Part 2 was by Kool DJ Red Alert and Part 3 was by DJ Born Supreme Allah (who also made "2,3 Break Pt 2" in 1985). Chuck also put out an album in 1989 called "The Masters of Rhythm" with Kool Chip on Mercury Records which featured "Rhythm is the Master", "No DJ Like Chuck" and "I'm Large". he is also credited with mixing Public Enemy's "Night of the Living Baseheads". He was also known as DJ Steel of Steel Productions.

Donald D was a solo artist for a few years affiliated with Ice T's west coast Rhyme Syndicate putting out two albums. The first one of which was called "Notorious" in 1990. He also did a cameo on Ice T's album "Power". He currently resides in LA where he is working on "Girls Part 3" with Brother B.

In 1995 Chuck Chillout released a single called "2-3 Break '95" on Phat Wax with a vocal group he produced on the b side.

He also discovered the hip hop group Black Moon.

Chuck has a record pool in Newark (which was started in 1999) called FULL BLAST RECORD POOL and is working with a new upcoming artist named FT. NOX.

In addition, he has a show on XM radio Channel 66 Raw.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    He was Exec. Producer & did some remixes for Chris Lowe's Black Life album a few years back.

• Deuces Wild-Decues is Def b/w 5 times The Rhymer [produced by tracks]

Isn't that Funk Master Flex's first group? The "He writes His/I Write Mine" b/w "Kangol" 12" is nice.

Chuck Chillout-The Operator [produced]

Kev, wasn't sure if you were looking for this or you were saying you had a copy...

The tracks are pretty cool, especially "Back into Time", which uses the Jimmy Castor line (of course). They're just instrumentals in a boom bap style.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Donald D was a solo artist for a few years affiliated with Ice T's west coast Rhyme Syndicate putting out two albums. The first one of which was called "Notorious" in 1990. He also did a cameo on Ice T's album "Power". He currently resides in LA where he is working on "Girls Part 3" with Brother B.

I hope he doesnt fuck up th legacy of GIRLS.

• thanx for all the feedback. Yeah, Sloppy I got that 12" good looking though.... word

• any relation to Count Coolout?

• any relation to Count Coolout?

not exactly sure what you're asking but Count Coolout is my man. I was just talking to him recently and I'm the process of transcribing and interview I did with him...

"closest people to me call me CC, but my name is count coolout"...

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    chuck chillout's old radio mixes are the move!