accapella request... Lightspeed Chronic 2001

scurlscurl 75 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
en MP3 ou WAV.....Please and Thank You.

Comments

• scurlscurl 75 Posts
    Nah, huh?

(yes I'm impatient)

Well can someone at least tell me what the lovely symbol is that I chose to place along side the thread title?

Perhaps a gold chainlink or an Asian handshake?

• planlessplanless 819 Posts
    but an acapella doesn??t exist

• scurlscurl 75 Posts
    but an acapella doesn??t exist

For really reals?

I'm sure there has to be one somewhere aside from Dre's masters.

I need that shit. I can't EQ it out well enough.

• scurlscurl 75 Posts
    Still anxiously awaiting either my shit or more verification on this so I can leave you people alone for a while.

I'll even let you give me a back rubb and I'm super hott!!!

Me = Heterosexual male, but I'll be willing to bend that a little for this track.

Thanks again, all.

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    I'm going to post some quick instructions on how to make an acapella out of the original song and the instrumental. This is an old trick to some, but I did a quick search and didn't see any instructions on it, so I thought I would share.
    Things you will need:
    Original Version of Song
    Instrumental of Song
    Multi-Track Audio Editing Program (I use Adobe Audition, but any program that can rip CD to WAV, edit the WAV and multi-track them should work)

I'm lucky enough as well as many other DJs out there to get free promo CD singles and Vinyl singles sent to me every week from Universal Records. This will work best if you have the CD single. Vinyl rips are not recommended because any fluctuation of the turntable speed can throw the whole thing off. This should also work with DigiWaxx mp3s you download, but it may not be as good since encoding from mp3 can give varied results.

Instructions:
    Rip the album version and instrumental version from CD as a standard Uncompressed WAV file.
    You should have 2 files which are normally the same length and size.
    Open up Audition and line them up PERFECTLY. Zoom in and make sure the wave forms peak at the exact same spots. This part is KEY.
    Play the tracks, they should play as normal, maybe a little loud, since you could be peaking past 0db.
    INVERT either file, doesn't matter which one, but only choose 1 file.
    Now when you look in the zoomed multi-track view, the wave files should peak at the exact opposite spots.
    Now play the tracks, and you should just hear the vocals/acapella. Export that to a new file and save it as your acapella.

Why does this work? Since the wave form phase for the instrumental and Original version are exact opposites, they cancel/phase out each other and you are left with the vocals.

Why is this not working for you? You may not have the wave forms lined up correctly. If using vinyl, a slight fluctuation will mess up the wave form. If using mp3s, encoding may be slightly different. It's also possible the instrumental was EQ'd or mastered differently than the original making which may make the waveforms line up incorrectly.

Give it a try. This has helped me make very rare acapellas to blend with different beats, where a lot of people say there copy of vinyl or CD-Single (Maxi-CD) didn't have the acapella.

(Jacked from the dildo forum)

Im guessing it wont help too much on a dre track because he uses alot of panning and velocity changes. But a combination of this process and some eq might give you a useable accapella

• scurlscurl 75 Posts
    Jacked the dildo, eh...

I've heard of this method, and I think there's some CD player made for musicians that does that process automatically, too.

But like you stated, I doubt it will work on some Dre shit, and I've self-defeated based on that premonition.

Thanks, and still accepting submissions.

• I doubt it will work on some Dre shit

do the laws of sound vibration not apply to dre's hot "shit"

• scurlscurl 75 Posts
    I doubt it will work on some Dre shit

do the laws of sound vibration not apply to dre's hot "shit"

Never.

It's not just CA laws that he's "above".