Biz Markee-Benny and the Jets -ytr

kalakala 3,361 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
classicsorry if this is a repoasthttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iFYJYwtjpc

Comments

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    Amazing performance from Biz. He has another live rendition of Benny & The Jets that's on a Beastie Boys b-side. i can't remember which record.

• Amazing performance from Biz. He has another live rendition of Benny & The Jets that's on a Beastie Boys b-side. i can't remember which record.

It was on a flexi-disc that came w/ one of the issues of "Grand Royal".

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    Amazing performance from Biz. He has another live rendition of Benny & The Jets that's on a Beastie Boys b-side. i can't remember which record.

That's right! What a great magazine. Another highlight I remember was the Ricky Powell article with his all-weed NBA team.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts

It's also on the japanese bootleg Biz lp that's about at the mo...

• Tuff_GongTuff_Gong 627 Posts

It was also included on the "Sounds Of Science" compilation they put out back in 1999.

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    That's funny, I was just listening to Biz' Theory of Old School tape this afternoon and thinking about this. Thanks for posting.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    That's funny, I was just listening to Biz' Theory of Old School tape this afternoon and thinking about this. Thanks for posting.

Is that the one where he's DJing 80's r&b joints, and singing over them and what-not? I've been trying to find that on-and-off for about ten years, ever since I read about it in this article in a UK magazine about the Ten Greatest Mixtapes of All Time. Anyone know where I could cop this?

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    nice.
    thanks for posting that

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

Is that the one where he's DJing 80's r&b joints, and singing over them and what-not? I've been trying to find that on-and-off for about ten years, ever since I read about it in this article in a UK magazine about the Ten Greatest Mixtapes of All Time. Anyone know where I could cop this?

• nice.
    thanks for posting that

Yeah. That shit was awesome. The definitive version of one of the only Elton John songs I can tolerate.

• Also, weird coincidence...after watching this last night "The Office" episode was on where Andy sings "Andy and the Tuna" to the tune of "Benny and the Jets".

:nerd:

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

Biz

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    this is also on the beastie sounds of science cds.

• Amazing performance from Biz. He has another live rendition of Benny & The Jets that's on a Beastie Boys b-side. i can't remember which record.

It's also on the japanese BRITISH bootleg Biz lp

http://www.soulstrut.com/reviews/review/review_insert.php?item_id=1960

and for those that asked, I should have an extra copy of this. I'll take a look today when I get home, but I gots a sneaking suspicion that my double is in storage in Cali.

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    Best bad singer evar. I remember Biz bringing the house down at MSG with the Beasties with this song. Truly

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts

oops my bad ! Got my copy from JPN so just assumed that where they originate...

oops my bad ! Got my copy from JPN so just assumed that where they originate...

could be. The ones I have a 'make in england" sticker on them, and I don't know if they ever re-issued or pressed this record up elsewhere.