Rabbits & Carrots Re-ish.... LATE PASS!!

lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
I just caught the soundclips on Labcabin, it's awesome. Ridiculous covers of Funky chicken and that version of Give it up with the bass is just stomping, although that one's not on the lp. Must be a 45 only or unreleased cut???Nice to hear the other lp cut, too. There's a seperate track that appears on a nuggets comp of sorts called "hippy city" which I'm reading is just ridiculous. I don't buy to many re-issues but this one going to get copped in a most unbecoming manner.I recommend this, if you haven't heard it yet, do so!

Comments

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    sounds greasy

the one mp3 i got from that bygone facemelters post- el cuatro caminos is ill

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    That Give it Up Turn It Loose should be called "Los Cuatro Culturas", and it is on the LP, its just a slowed down and chopped up edit. Also, the song by "Los Litos Barrientos" says something about the dudes who released it. For one, the dudes name is Lito Barrientos, something that is very easy to cull from the cover of the LP, also a pretty well known dude in Mexico, and easy to find with a google search.

Obviously these dudes either A. were trying to avoid liscencing B. were so rushed to release this "KOOKY CRAZY MEXICAN FUNK!!!", that they just decided that doing some more research into the music wasn't necessary. or C. Didnt even own the original record.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    We're talking about that green EP thing with the snake on it right? A full LP reish didn't come out did it?

yeah, the green 12"

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    That Give it Up Turn It Loose should be called "Los Cuatro Culturas", and it is on the LP, its just a slowed down and chopped up edit. Also, the song by "Los Litos Barrientos" says something about the dudes who released it. For one, the dudes name is Lito Barrientos, something that is very easy to cull from the cover of the LP, also a pretty well known dude in Mexico, and easy to find with a google search.

Obviously these dudes either A. were trying to avoid liscencing B. were so rushed to release this "KOOKY CRAZY MEXICAN FUNK!!!", that they just decided that doing some more research into the music wasn't necessary. or C. Didnt even own the original record.

Extremely weak.

• E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P
    E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P
    E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P E P

you think this guy is the culprit?
    git em!

hey Thester, PM me that gospel lp you were lookin for again. I thinks me might have found it.