epmd vs gangstarr

RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
i think these are dumb, so i must join in.

Comments

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    I dont!

Tough one but I vote Gangstarr

cuz i really only still Bump

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    EPMD just weren't that good

• neither was gangstarr. production for dayzzzzz; bad rapping, though.

epmd for me.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

They definitely got hits for days...but i kinda feel ya...

• EPMD just weren't that good

wow...i think age is a factor here.

pound for pound...so many singles. lp cuts for days.

• we're using the phrase 'for days,' for days; three (now 4) posts in a r0w.

• thread vs. thread part 119...

can't forget the da la for true originality/

and if I ever went solo my favorite mc would be me

batches

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

thread vs. thread part 119...

can't forget the da la for true originality/

and if I ever went solo my favorite mc would be me

batches

WHO'S KILLING WHAT?!?!

STOP GRAEMLIN ABUSE

AN AMERICAN EPIDEMIC

SAVE THE CHILDREN

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Are you on a campaign with this schitt?

Seriously, dude, it's a bad look--stick to your Ra the Rugged Mans and let grown ups talk about EPMD.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    There was a block of EPMD videos on MTVJ the other day. I was watching them with my 18 year old friend. He was bugging. He never knew hip-hop could be like that. He was moved.

I vote EPMD.

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    I was just watching the Gangstarr DVD. I gotta go with Prem and Guru. Anyone checked the video for Dwyck

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Are you on a campaign with this schitt?

Seriously, dude, it's a bad look--stick to your Ra the Rugged Mans and let grown ups talk about EPMD.

sorry if I hurt your feelings, I didn't know you were fragile like that.

• epmd. i really dont like guru's rapping much. peace, stein. . .

• gang starr

what about offshoots of the respective crews? (or at least taking them into consideration)
    das efx vs. jeru
    redman vs. group home

• gang starr

what about offshoots of the respective crews? (or at least taking them into consideration)
    das efx vs. jeru
    redman vs. group home

what about: bahamadia vs. keith murray? just kidding. peace, stein. . .

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    gang starr

das efx vs. jeru
    redman vs. group home

well this is just stupid.

as far as crews go the Hit Squad as originally formulated (and even the Def Squad of later years) destroys the toy-ass Gangstarr Foundation. not a decent rhymer in the whole Gangstarr crew (no, not even Jeru). meanwhile Redman was/is one of the illest in the game (yes) and Keith and Das definitely have their place lyrically, too.

• I vote Gang Starr, Just alot more consistent through the years.
    EPMD was cool at first but then they fell off & Erick Sermon tried to comitt suicide or something...

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Guzzo, I know you're entitled to your opinion but plaese to GETTHEFUCKOUTTAHERE with that crazy talk.

This was the only "vs" threads that made me really think and it's a tough call for sure. EPMD were revolutionary when they came out, plus they were one of the first groups to start sampling P-Funk/Zapp West Coast classics. DJ Scratch was a major inspiration for me, not to mention they're responsible for breaking out Redman, Das EFX, K-Solo etc.

On the other hand...

Gangstarr (mainly Premier) was incredibly influential to me. I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing the way I'm doing if it wasn't for him. So I have to say Gangstarr by a close margin.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Gang Starr.

Btw, speaking of EPMD, I was listening to Business as Usual today and had forgotten how fucking weird "Jane 3" was. You know?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Gang Starr.

Btw, speaking of EPMD, I was listening to Business as Usual today and had forgotten how fucking weird "Jane 3" was. You know?

For some reason, I find it endlessly hilarious when Parrish says, "I saw a douchebag."

• EPMD just weren't that good

Don't listen to them then, sell all of your EPMD records to those that appreciate true legends.

and Yep EPMD for me, the illest 2 Man MC team who influenced so many, I love DJ Premier & Guru but I prefer more of Premo's material without Guru.

• co-sign for EPMD/EPMD satellite acts.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    I vote Gang Starr, Just alot more consistent through the years.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Gangstarr by a hair.... but damn, EPMD is by no means wack.

The one Jewbacca needs to fall back or fall back.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    how do you judge which group is better? they have different beats and completely different rhyme styles.

yall are getting stupid with these threads.

anyone under 25 doesnt get to make anymore remarks on classic 90s hip hop. if you didnt live it you shouldnt be talking about it!

no im serious... what did you think i was going to write j/k or some stupid shit like that? im the surliest bitches get used to it...

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    DAmn, thats a tough call:

EPMD by a nose.

I mean, COME ON!!! it E.P.M. FUCKING D.!!!

• deepbrntdeepbrnt 241 Posts
    EPMD...but only cause Guru was horrible. God that dude was water. Remember Guru Jazzmattaz. But I guess 'Step In The Arena' 'Work' man it was all Premier. EPMD.

• deepbrntdeepbrnt 241 Posts
    and the whole age thing, I don't know.

I'm 27 and came to EPMD late, like 97. Those dudes were just so calm you'd be like how are they so calm. They made you cooler. Plus my youngest brother and his boys who are all like 20 also love it and theyre not into too much rap so I don't know man.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Hmm...EPMD by a hair.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    This was the only "vs" threads that made me really think and it's a tough call for sure.
    i know right?
    A couple years ago i would have said gang starr for sure but now i'm not so certain