Bitch-ass motherf#%kers

Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
So I was back in my hometown DJing... My friend Tania manages a lounge-resturant and thought it could use a weekend with some flavor. I was spining mostly eighties joints to get the ball rolling.. then a little Gap band, and some other shit... This dude rolls up to me looking like a piece of shit in a sports coat and cowboy boats.. he had to push his way through three ladies dancing to get to me, then leans over the tables and looks me dead in the face.... "Can you play some white music?!" He said it with a straight face trying to look hard .. like I would back down and say yessir... I looked him right back in the eyes and said "I don't even know what that is.. I guess all I have is black music.. but you can get on the mic and ask anyone here if they have any white music... NO? didn't think so.. you can leave to.." I told my brother to get dude out and I think some one poured a drink on him when he was leaving... What a fucking prick... It pains me.. it really pains me that people like that exist, why do they get to breath the same air as me?

Comments

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    at least he left... i worked for a club owner that was that guy for the past year or so... "we should make it a saturday night tradition that we play 'come on eileen' right at 1 every week, so everybody can sing along", "nobody who goes out to party and have fun wants to hear any fucking hip hop" WTF

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    I've DJ'd at clubs in LA where they asked me to stop playing black music.
    My boy Chris was djing LAX when this huge black guy that worked there came up to him and asked if he could stop playing hip-hop and cater to the white audience...WTF?!?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    My boy Chris was djing LAX when this huge black guy that worked there came up to him and asked if he could stop playing hip-hop and cater to the white audience...WTF?!?

damn man your boy got a gig DJing the airport?

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I DJ'd only once for this South Afrikan prick who expressly told me "no bleck heep hawp"?? So of course I played it anyway.

I almost kicked the glass out of the door that night because they fronted on paying me, but that's a whole other story.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    "no bleck heep hawp"

Location, location, location...

damn man your boy got a gig DJing the airport?

hehe - it's DJ AM's club in HWood

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    "no bleck heep hawp"
    That's the perfect phonetic spelling of a south african accent.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    "no bleck heep hawp"
    That's the perfect phonetic spelling of a south african accent.

really. Thats fucking good.

and now for Australian: "Noiy blaak hep horp"

Kiwi: "No-uw blak huphop"

And yeah: fuck that dude. nice comeback too.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    This dude rolls up to me looking like a piece of shit in a sports coat and cowboy boats..

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Im waiting for some shit like this to happen at our Soul Night this Saturday, it being St. Patrick's Day and all...waiting for some pale-ass meathead to wanna hear some U2 or Pogues or some "Irish"(a.k.a. white music...these kinds of meatheads dont even think about Phil Lynott being Irish)...luckily though there will a couple hundred people getting down to the soul and funk so they can easily be laughed at and told to leave...

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    ...waiting for some pale-ass meathead to wanna hear some U2 or Pogues or some "Irish"(a.k.a. white music...these kinds of meatheads dont even think about Phil Lynott being Irish)

Play the first 30 seconds of "The Friendly Ranger At Clontarf Castle" off the first Lizzy LP and fade it in to some Rufus Thomas......just for the meatheads.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

I've had it in NY too.

• mr_chinnmr_chinn 89 Posts
    always pack a zeppelin record...preferably 4...

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts

I've had it in NY too.

I used to spin at this spot in williamsburg where I always carried Venom's At War with Satn for the very occasion. and then they never ask for anything EVER again.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I DJ'd only once for this South Afrikan prick who expressly told me "no bleck heep hawp"?? So of course I played it anyway.

you played for Orock Orock?
    Did he request a retrospective megamix of Father MC?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

!!!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    always pack a zeppelin record...preferably 4...

thats not a bad call. you really couldn't find anything in your microwave for him? Some Rolling Stones? Beastie Boys?

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    This thread is a perfect example of why it's not the DJ's obligation to play requests simply because "that's what they're being paid to do". A lot of requests are stupid and will only please one person (often a person who isn't even going to dance to his/her own request), not the whole room. It's fine to take requests and it's great when they fit right it, but the DJ is getting paid to discern between fun and stupidity.

• I've DJ'd at clubs in LA where they asked me to stop playing black music.

what do they play at LAX then if dude asked to stop playing hiphop? was your boy playing some backpacker shit or was he playing some jim jones BALLIN!

i figured LAX to be one of those all types of music spots

• always pack a zeppelin record...preferably 4...

thats not a bad call. you really couldn't find anything in your microwave for him? Some Rolling Stones? Beastie Boys?

I don't think I could give into that request... I did play some Hall and Oates... but fuck him.. maybe if he came up with "please play this group" or something.. but he had to take it there.. so fuck him..

anyway.. What up B.. How things going in producing world? I haven't seen you since New Years

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

!!!
    i have no idea why i laughed so much at this but i did

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

what do they play at LAX then if dude asked to stop playing hiphop? was your boy playing some backpacker shit or was he playing some jim jones BALLIN!

strictly mash ups

no - he wouldn't play backpacker shit out. He was playing some quality well known rap.

They only want obvious rock, mash-ups or Spankrock/MIA.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts

I've had it in NY too.

in jersey...i cut my set short, walked the f**k out with the turntables while the owners were going..what's going on?

best, actually worst lines from the racist owner:

"i'm not racist, but there are two black guys dancing, next thing you know there will be twenty of them in here"

"man it's really dark in here"

"i wish they would close the door so those monkeys couldn't get in"...my response: "those monkeys are *****'s ( a very large black bouncer who worked at the club) relatives here for a birthday party, maybe you should go ask him to get his monkey relatives out of here?

my favorite: when you get a bunch of coloreds in here..i stopped him short and said: yo it's 2007, i know you just didn't say coloreds whitey.

all this after they knew what kind of music i played when i was hired, made them MAD loot, and they opened a bar in a 70% black town.

• TruthTruth 50 Posts
    "no bleck heep hawp"

Location, location, location...

true indeed.

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts

I've had it in NY too.

in jersey...i cut my set short, walked the f**k out with the turntables while the owners were going..what's going on?

best, actually worst lines from the racist owner:

"i'm not racist, but there are two black guys dancing, next thing you know there will be twenty of them in here"

"man it's really dark in here"

"i wish they would close the door so those monkeys couldn't get in"...my response: "those monkeys are *****'s ( a very large black bouncer who worked at the club) relatives here for a birthday party, maybe you should go ask him to get his monkey relatives out of here?

my favorite: when you get a bunch of coloreds in here..i stopped him short and said: yo it's 2007, i know you just didn't say coloreds whitey.

all this after they knew what kind of music i played when i was hired, made them MAD loot, and they opened a bar in a 70% black town.

haha, when i told the aforementioned owner that everybody, black or white, wants to hear some hip hop, he said "i know everybody likes it, but only half of those people will stab you, and that's who we are trying to get rid of"

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

• I've DJ'd at clubs in LA where they asked me to stop playing black music.

no - he wouldn't play backpacker shit out. He was playing some quality well known rap.

They only want obvious rock, mash-ups or Spankrock/MIA.

ok word. on some hipster shit. thats wack.