PRODUCERSTRUT: favorite oldschool equipment ?

spcspc 534 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
What stuff you got or would like to have?For me, I'd really like to have an EMU Emulator II. I just lost a fucking auction for one on ebay yesterday.

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I would kill for an Echoplex or Roland Space Echo in good shape.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    I have an sp1200 but am thinking of getting an s950 to go with it...

Not really vintage but I've also got a jones for a sp303/404...

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
    Ensoniq Eps w/ 8 out and 4x expander.....still got that bitch. tried to sell it on ebay but dude didn't pay... So shit that means it's here to stay and I'm stuck wit it!

• slushslush 691 Posts
    my sequential circuits multi trak

• What stuff you got or would like to have?

For me, I'd really like to have an EMU Emulator II. I just lost a fucking auction for one on ebay yesterday.

I really want

a

Sequential Circuits Prophet 5.

I had a pro-one which was a beast but I needed money and I sold it for 500 more than I paid for it so you do the math. I'd also like another pro-one

also

an arp oddessy or an arp 2600 would be nice.

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    an arp oddessy or an arp 2600 would be nice.

I had a Prophet 5 for a year - it's a classic synth, but it never really rubbed me the right way & I passed it on. It's more elegant than dirty.

2600 is the truth.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    i actually need one of those beat boxes they used to use at the old school park jams BITD... you know, like the "flash it to the beat" bozo meko joint. I always forget the name of those batches... willing to pay a li'l $$$ for one (just a li'l not TOO much $$$)... holla if you got one for sale

• I own an SP-12, but in all reality I don't use it very much...
    I do, however get alot of work out of my Oberheim Xpander & my Korg Polysix...
    Also, use an IKE Baldwin (similar to an ASR) on occasion & own an Oberheim DMX which I don't really use at all...
    On my wish list is fender rhodes bass piano (as used by Ray Manzarek), & a OG Mini- Moog...

• ShahShah 35 Posts
    I got:
    Roland Tr808,
    Roland Space Echo 500,
    Roland Juno 60,
    Old School Console (won't disclose the name)
    Urei 545 Filter EQ (X2)
    Lexicon PCM 70
    Eventide DSE 3500

Wants:
    MPC 60 II
    S950
    Neve 1073
    Distressor

Would buy if I got a good deal:
    TR909
    Mimimoog D

• spcspc 534 Posts
    i actually need one of those beat boxes they used to use at the old school park jams BITD... you know, like the "flash it to the beat" bozo meko joint. I always forget the name of those batches... willing to pay a li'l $$$ for one (just a li'l not TOO much $$$)... holla if you got one for sale

I'd really like to know which machine flash used, it sounds like an early analog, programmable machine, perhaps a boss dr-55 or a acetone or something.
    This is a korg r-55 with the "flash it to the beat" beat, through some compression, eq-ing and bit-reduction: flash it to this beat

• spcspc 534 Posts
    Damn, I almost forgot, I got a ELI-3030 analog echo box. I got it from a friend who himself got it from a friend who used to dj in nyc back in the days and he told my friend that cowboy used this same box a couple of times. I don't know if this is true but I hope

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Damn, I almost forgot, I got a ELI-3030 analog echo box. I got it from a friend who himself got it from a friend who used to dj in nyc back in the days and he told my friend that cowboy used this same box a couple of times. I don't know if this is true but I hope

hey i wanna buy that too... let me know i have money $$$ !!!

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    I've got an mpc60 and an s950, but I'd love to get a Rhodes MKII, a mini-moog, a space echo and a theramin... WOOOWEEEEEWWWOOOOOOOOOO

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    this thread makes me feel sad cos im broke and too young to have copped any of this shit when it came out

• I would kill for an Echoplex or Roland Space Echo in good shape.
    you dont need to kill. you just need $500 bucks. peace, stein. . .

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I'd love to have these:

-Yamaha DX-7.
    -Roland TR809 and TR909.
    -Fairlight CMI.
    -Arp String Ensemble (I fell in love with this because of "Sun Goddess").
    -Oberheim OB-X.
    -Linn Drum.
    -DMX.
    -Hammond B-3.
    -Wurlitzer.
    -SP-1200.
    -Emulator II.
    -Akai S950
    -MPC-60

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Arp String Ensemble

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts

-Yamaha DX-7.

Used this lot in college and awful sounding and a bad interface IMO

-SP-12.

Had one of these a few years ago

but sold it as it crashed all the time and the 1541 disk drive took forever to load...Bought an MPC2000xl with the cash which I never liked so sold that to buy my sp1200

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
    i have a sp1200, a mpc2000xl, a sp303, a nord lead synth, a casio kiddy keyboard & a mc303 (wack shh im borrowing from my cousin).. im looking for a micro moog or moog rogue.. and i want one of these old echophlex machines.

my room:

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    This is the only pic i could find of my humble setup. Im copping a macbook pro soon but holding off buying anything else as im still trying to wrap my head around my mpc2000.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I've got a Space Echo (201). Like Stein said, you don't have to kill. Mine is super nice and functional and it probably cost me about $340 including shipping. Maybe I lucked out.

I also have a Casio RZ-1
    I started making beats on an Ensoniq EPS and I wouldn't mind getting one again. I probably wouldn't use it that much, but I would like to play around with it again.
    The rest of the equipment is not so old school. I'm not really rocking any super new school stuff, but I don't think an MPC2000 counts as old school.
    I had an MPC 60 for about 2 weeks, but it was broken, so it had to go back.

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    i have a sp1200, a mpc2000xl, a sp303, a nord lead synth, a casio kiddy keyboard & a mc303 (wack shh im borrowing from my cousin).. im looking for a micro moog or moog rogue.. and i want one of these old echophlex machines.

my room:

No offence man, but you've got some lovely gear running through terribly placed speakers right there. Don't you find it difficult to judge your mixes properly?

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
    - Fender amp twin reverb 70's
    - a 60/70's era strat
    - Rhodes 73
    - minimoog D
    - moogerfooger lowpass
    - AT3030 mic or something similar
    - UA solo preamp
    - Rocket 8 monitors
    - nice rack mount gear, reverb compression delay (all too expensive)
    - legal ownership of alot of plugins

I can't afford any of this stuff...it will probably be quite a few years before I get half of it.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    fave thing i own is a toss up between a Univox MiniKorg synth (think: The Cars: its that one), a Wurlitzer 200A and a Ludwig drum kit (mismatched early 70's including a vistalite snare and 50's gretch rack toms)

wish i had:

roland jupiter 8
    hammond b-3 (or c-3) complete with bass footpedals and rotating leslie speaker cabinet

my room:

No offence man, but you've got some lovely gear running through terribly placed speakers right there. Don't you find it difficult to judge your mixes properly?

nah man, i mix the SOUND while im siting between the monitors.. and i mix L/R & Panning in a headset, its all good!

www.myspace.com/fredfades

karlophone

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    I just recently copped this bad boy:

Shit is the truth. Waveform display, 8 outs, built in synth. This sampler got seriously slept on because of Casio's rep, but they actually used to put out some good gear.

And just bought this on the analog tip:

Eventually I want to cop:

Rhodes 73
    Wurlitzer 200a
    Hammond B3
    Clavinet

Or maybe I'll say fuck it and just get a Nord Electro.

Wouldn't mind an MPC 60 and an SP 1200. But for now I'm enjoying the crunchiness of the FZ.

• ShahShah 35 Posts
    fave thing i own is a toss up between a Univox MiniKorg synth (think: The Cars: its that one), a Wurlitzer 200A and a Ludwig drum kit (mismatched early 70's including a vistalite snare and 50's gretch rack toms)

wish i had:

roland jupiter 8
    hammond b-3 (or c-3) complete with bass footpedals and rotating leslie speaker cabinet

I just sold my Jupiter 8 because in my opinion it is not worth the money. I bought mine for $1200 in 2006, and sold it for $3800. It's a beast in unison mode, don't get me wrong. Nut you really can create the same sound by multisampling. Save your money for a nice mic pre.

• -
    - moogerfooger lowpass

Just started using this with an echoplex + some extra bleeps from a vintage reggae siren

It was killing the afro disco set last night

so hungover...

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

not really got it, but i got access to it. best shit is, running drum reverb through the leslie.

awwww... the were the best of time, and they were teh worst of times.