Bay Area dudes..............

Comments

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Yeah man we got that on lock during the summer.
    spelunk. I mean I'm down with Santa Cruz and all but...

WOWZA!

of course, then there's the alternative!

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    hi old friends!

ps
    oakland rules them all

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    We have sunshine for most of the year! End of story!

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    better food too!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

yeah and im sure theres a higher rate of melanoma cases out there as well.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Somewhere in there is a joke about AIDS, but I won't be the one to make it.

Somewhere in there is a joke about AIDS, but I won't be the one to make it.

once u start something you should finish it...

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts

Sun is overrated.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

It's always nicer in Oakland.

no its not... youre like what 23? dude you havent been around long enough to make calls like that.

anna and rootless are 7thgeneration SFers. im a 4thgen. YOU CANT COMPETE WITH THE REALNESS THAT IS SF!!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

no its not... youre like what 23? dude you havent been around long enough to make calls like that.

anna and rootless are 7thgeneration SFers. im a 4thgen. YOU CANT COMPETE WITH THE REALNESS THAT IS SF!!

say word.

say word.

Pfff, 4th generation East Bay!

say word.

ALL BORN AND RAISED IN THE SAME CITY?!?!

31, actually (I know I can be incredibly immature--it's how I remain so youthful--but 23? I don't know if that's a compliment or a rapper-dapper-snapper!). But I'm also an east-coast transplant, which I suppose disqualifies me from this conversation.

(It is always nicer in Oakland, though.)

But I'm also an east-coast transplant, which I suppose disqualifies me from this conversation.

you do NOT get to make any statements about the left coast as of now...

But I'm also an east-coast transplant, which I suppose disqualifies me from this conversation.

you do NOT get to make any statements about the left coast as of now...

Even if that statement is that I like it more than the east coast? Ah, crap.

Well...if you ever want to start hatting on Connecticut, challah!

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    this thread is comedy

say word.

My grandfather's grandfather settled in Oakland from China.

My great grandmother and grandfather were born in Oakland.

My mom was actually born in SF because my grandparents were over there for a year.

I was born in Berkeley.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    this thread is comedy

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Dude,

Don't even try to sneak SJ in here. If it wasn't for Silicon Valley, the whole South Bay wouldn't even be in a conversation about CITIES.

I'm torn - I lived in the East Bay for all but 2 years of my 16 in the Bay and I loved Oakland. However, if you like living in a CITY - San Francisco is hard to beat for the density and compactness.

That said, Anna - sunshine is NOT overrated. We used to live out at 9th and Irving and even though it gets worse as you move west, the constant grey was a drag. I'd never put L.A. ahead of S.F. in terms of desirability of urban space but shit, I can't front on the weather down here. Sun = a good thing.

But Berkeley >>> S.F.? Never that.

Sun = a good thing.

Truth talk. I am always happier/healthier in the sun. I catch fewer colds. Now whether I am more productive in warmer climates is an entirely different matter....

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    I promised myself I wouldn't post in this thread until I was drunk which I am now. I am a native of San Francisco and I currently live right in the center of the city in the panhandle. YOU CANNOT SEE ME EAST BAYERS. I will put that on anything. And Jinx completely put it down in this thread for the SF'ers. GET ON MY LEVEL.

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    East Bay ftw.

rk!?!?! dude, you show downtown SJ? for shame... you better get your own SJ pics and reperesent for the sad sad south bay. no love for the south bay. see theres the BAY AREA... and the south bay

My grandfather's grandfather settled in Oakland from China.

My great grandmother and grandfather were born in Oakland.

My mom was actually born in SF because my grandparents were over there for a year.

I was born in Berkeley.

its okay joel. you have enough to consider yourself a long time bay area resident. just not longer than some of us... hahaha

Sun = a good thing.

Truth talk. I am always happier/healthier in the sun. I catch fewer colds. Now whether I am more productive in warmer climates is an entirely different matter....

im happier in the fog. the sun is nice but i dont like the heat from it. the sun makes me want to stay indoors with the shades closed. but the fog... ahhh the fog, i fog bathe as much as i can... i love it.

EFIL 4 YTIC GOF!!

wheres mafrica at? what is he doing? djing kittys bar 24hrs a day!??!?!

I have to say I do prefer San Francisco, even as a kid I would rather stay with my father for extended periods of time than go back to Berkeley

Although as a grown ass potential home buyer I'm thinking Oakland>SF

I have to say I do prefer San Francisco, even as a kid I would rather stay with my father for extended periods of time than go back to Berkeley

Although as a grown ass potential home buyer I'm thinking Oakland>SF

YOU OF ALL PEOPLE SHOULDNT TALK/WRITE! youre soooo ny now mfer. you left the bay twice for ny...

you dont get to talk bay AT ALL anymore. you may even get your bay pass revoked. ill have to consult with the elders first but were going to talk thats for sure!

Haha. Don't be mad 'cause I pop off in the NYC.

with some chicks from Harlem, they know we ballin'...

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    When I lived in NYC I ran into more friends from high school than anywhere, when you need to leave the Bay, there's only one place as interesting: NYC. I feel Jonny, even though he is traitor.

I live in San Diego. Mad sunny. But this town in weak. That's kind of what I was getting at.

I'm a 6th generation SF-er, but I see myself settling in the East Bay, I wanna buy a house and shit and who can afford $850,000 average house price on an educator's salary? Not I.

Cas is moving back to SF next month, he's setting up camp for our eventual move. Summer 2008, batches.

• I'm a 6th generation SF-er, but I see myself settling in the East Bay, I wanna buy a house and shit and who can afford $850,000 average house price on an educator's salary? Not I.

But you can get a condo in Noe for less than that.

Cas is moving back to SF next month,

shit is on.