13»

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Thanks for posting the clip. I found it to be

You just said "I don't really like the Blues"

• HamHam 872 Posts

Thanks for posting the clip. I found it to be

You just said "I don't really like the Blues"

for real. it doesnt get much better than that.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Just yesterday I picked up Midnight Believeron ABC, where he's working with the Crusaders...despite the occasional disco touches (hey, it WAS 1978), this holds up real well...B.B.'s brand of blues and the Crusaders take on funk is a good mix. Now I gotta get the other album where they worked together, Take It Home on MCA...

• BB's the man. Go see him in concert and see how an old man can still put his thing down.

as someone who did a show with him last month and watched as much of his over 2 hour set can attest, dude is THAT DUDE live. His use of bends & vibratto with soley his fingers is a sight to see. he's just got great tone without the comforts of perfect conditions (he carries zero backline with him).

I can't this.

I also saw him play this year and the show was awful.
    He talked and talked and talked between songs,
    and it even seemed he'd lost it on the guitar-
    it didn't seem like he was listening to the band at all.
    Although I like his work, I had low expectations,
    and was still disappointed.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    BB's the man. Go see him in concert and see how an old man can still put his thing down.

as someone who did a show with him last month and watched as much of his over 2 hour set can attest, dude is THAT DUDE live. His use of bends & vibratto with soley his fingers is a sight to see. he's just got great tone without the comforts of perfect conditions (he carries zero backline with him).

I can't this.

I also saw him play this year and the show was awful.
    He talked and talked and talked between songs,
    and it even seemed he'd lost it on the guitar-
    it didn't seem like he was listening to the band at all.
    Although I like his work, I had low expectations,
    and was still disappointed.

I saw him in the 70s and the 80s. His 70s show was straight Vegas. His horn section seemed like it was some Tijuana Brass wannabes. He hardly played guitar and seemed to be in clown mode.

In the 80s he just killed it start to finish. Singing and playing his heart out. The guitar was front and center all night.

When it comes to vibratto he is the King and most rock and blues guitarists are lifting his techniques when they are bending and shaking.