Weekly BaldStrut Post

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
Amaechi will represent HeadBlade Inc.[/b] LOS ANGELES -- Former NBA player John Amaechi became the first openly gay male athlete to sign an endorsement deal with a mainstream company.HeadBlade Inc., creators of a popular head-shaving razor, announced Monday it had signed Amaechi to a multiyear deal. Financial terms were undisclosed."I think it's fantastic that HeadBlade has approached me to endorse the brand,'' said Amaechi in a statement.Amaechi became the first NBA player to acknowledge his homosexuality with the release of his memoir, "Man in the Middle" in February. The book is currently on The New York Times Best Seller List.Concern about endorsement deals is one reason some male athletes stay in the closet during their careers."John Amaechi is the newest face of the brand because he embodies many of the qualities representative of a HeadBlader," HeadBlade chief executive Todd Greene said. "He is a man comfortable in his own skin and he's not afraid to go against the grain."[/b]Amaechi grew up in England and played over five seasons for Cleveland, Orlando and Utah. He retired in 2004.

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts

HeadBlader[/b]

I read that as "HeadBladder".

I hate to say it, but I think I'm slowly losing my shit.
    You know it's bad when your son says

"daddy, what happened to your head?"

"huh? what do you mean?"

"right there"

and points at your bald spot.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I'm gonna rock a Powered Wig when my shit goes and get a job at colonial williamsburg.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Where's the YOU SOUND WHITE graemlin?

Here it is...

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

HeadBlader[/b]

I read that as "HeadBladderBalder[/b]".

I hate to say it, but I think I'm slowly losing my shit.
    You know it's bad when your son says

"daddy, what happened to your head?"

"huh? what do you mean?"

"right there"

and points at your bald spot.

day, and all the balding dudes on this board. Have no worries. ITS HAWT!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

And you sound like a man who, unlike John Amaechi and other HeadBladeurs, is not comfortable in his own skin.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Ameachi was their second choice

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    what sounds white?

And you sound like a man who, unlike John Amaechi and other HeadBladeurs, is not comfortable in his own skin.

I'm comfortable that I will most likely never go bald.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

I fuckin' love this jpeg!

what sounds white?

Whining about baldness.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    what sounds white?

Whining about baldness.
    tell that to Common circa '00

what sounds white?

Whining about baldness.
    tell that to Common circa '00

Hey Common...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

or at the very least

or at the very least

He also sounds gay...so you'll be needing an additional "That's homophobic" graemlin to go along with Emil.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    there should be one

where's guzzo to denounce this double standard

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    My hairline is recceeding somewhat. I don't even have a problem with it. But I do have a problem finding a barber open past 5 p.m. I find myself hitting up the Hair Cuttery, but their service leaves a little to be desired, leading to questions about a suitable percentage gratuity for services rendered!!!

Yes, folks:

I know I should buy my own clippers (not quite ready to "Bic it") but I don't think I can achieve the proper fadability.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    As far as Common sounding white... the one time I ever met the man, after a performance at Columbia College Chicago (circa early '00s), he was wearing yellow Abercrombie pants.

Take that one of what it's worth.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    assuming this is medically possible - i would like to start a company where you can pay to get a hairtransplant from a living homeless person. right now, bald guys can't really pull of the transplant look because they are limited (for the donor region) to the places where they can actually still grow hair - which never covers up their bald areas.

what if i approached a homeless guy and said I'll give you 5 gs for your hair....or 5 beers. they would jump at either offer and moreover, what does a homeless guy need with hair?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    there should be one

where's guzzo to denounce this double standard

he retired

now find me a cheaper way of moving across town before I get angry

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    does anyone have any personal headblade experience? i fucking hate shaving my head with a regular razor

• assuming this is medically possible - i would like to start a company where you can pay to get a hairtransplant from a living homeless person. right now, bald guys can't really pull of the transplant look because they are limited (for the donor region) to the places where they can actually still grow hair - which never covers up their bald areas.

what if i approached a homeless guy and said I'll give you 5 gs for your hair....or 5 beers. they would jump at either offer and moreover, what does a homeless guy need with hair?

Jesus Christ, dude.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    assuming this is medically possible - i would like to start a company where you can pay to get a hairtransplant from a living homeless person. right now, bald guys can't really pull of the transplant look because they are limited (for the donor region) to the places where they can actually still grow hair - which never covers up their bald areas.

Jesus Christ, dude.

I assume you are exclaiming in disappointment--specifically, at the fact that KVH has failed to fit anything offensive regarding either homosexuals or Black people into his post?

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

Jesus Christ, dude.

I assume you are exclaiming in disappointment--specifically, at the fact that KVH has failed to fit anything offensive regarding either homosexuals or Black people into his post?

black gay guys would be all over this idea!