EPMD-Scratch Bring It Back Part 2 (1992)

coldgettingdumbcoldgettingdumb 100 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
Any idea what the original guitar sample is please?, I need to know for an article I am writing...epmd-scratch bring it back pt. 2http://www.sendspace.com/file/3i0tzlI would appreciate any help and before you say I have already tried and they don't knowpeace

Comments

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
    what mag do you write for?

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    What do you mean exactly ??? You mean this sample that is triggering the whole time on one nite in the backround over the bassline, right ???

You dont mean the shit thats coming in at 1,30 min right ??

Ok, the sound you mean is NOT a Guitar. What I hear is a horn section, or a organ sound. But I dont hear a guitar.

The bassline and the drums are the same that where used for Shimmy Shimmy Ya by ODB.

I remember that the sample was also used for a Arsonists song, or a band that I mix up with them.

This bassline sample is from something like War of the worlds soundtrack or some like that.

I dont know if the organ sample is also from the same track that the bassline and drums are from, but there is a chance.

So check out where the bassline and the drums are from.

And try to ask DJ Scratch on myspace. Grandmaster Caz answered me a sample question too. Maybe Scratch is as nice as him.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• What do you mean exactly ??? You mean this sample that is triggering the whole time on one nite in the backround over the bassline, right ???

You dont mean the shit thats coming in at 1,30 min right ??

Ok, the sound you mean is NOT a Guitar. What I hear is a horn section, or a organ sound. But I dont hear a guitar.

The bassline and the drums are the same that where used for Shimmy Shimmy Ya by ODB.

I remember that the sample was also used for a Arsonists song, or a band that I mix up with them.

This bassline sample is from something like War of the worlds soundtrack or some like that.

I dont know if the organ sample is also from the same track that the bassline and drums are from, but there is a chance.

So check out where the bassline and the drums are from.

And try to ask DJ Scratch on myspace. Grandmaster Caz answered me a sample question too. Maybe Scratch is as nice as him.

Peace
    Hawkeye

Thanks, yeah the bassline and the drums are sampled from The Emotions-I Like It

I was talking about the intro section the to the track, I guess it's an organ or a horn, I don't why I said a guitar...

and yep the bassline was used by The Arsonists for Blaze (I think)