Rhythm Combination Brass

markus71markus71 937 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
Picked up that "Waitaminute" lp by Peter Herbolzheimer's Rhythm Combination & Brass from 1973.That record is awesome! I knew their version of Weldon Irvine's Mr. Clean already but the rest of the album rips as well.Who else is feeling this?

Comments

• Me, of course. RC&B is awesome. Probably the best big band at their time. The sound is too clean sometimes, but those guys could play like noone else.

I love the Wide Open LP too. Green Witch on the Wait A Minute LP is my favorite tune though.

There are many good RC&B albums. Herblozheimer recorded great music. Certain Lions & Tigers, his libraries, the ones on MPS, etc

I used to have most Herbolzheimer records. But I only have some of them left in my collection. The Edition Panther LP gets my highest recommendation along with the library on WPL.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Even their disco is good! That 1977 LP of theirs (name escapes me) is awesome.

Have you heard their version of "wade in the water"? The wahed out trombone kills it.

-J

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    "Live From Onkel Po" =

Don't sleep on the RCB affiliated project Certain Lions and Tigers.

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    The only other record I have is the Hip Walk set. Pretty good too. Think that is from 1976

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I like RC & B a lot. Still need a couple of their LPs: Live @ P??'s, Wide Open and the library stuff. And the Galaxis (Space Travellers) LP too. Damnit, that's too many

• there are several wade in the water verison by the rc&b guys. dieter reith, certain tigers & lions, etc

the dieter reith hammond explosion lp is kinda nice too.

live im onkel p??'s is fantastic. one of germany's best records IMO. still!

• Dude...

THE CATFISH

that is one freakin fukin good track...

Herb plays the nastiest trombone on the planet funk....

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    "Peter Herbolzheimer Rhythm Combination & Brass - Wide Open" is recommended!

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    "Peter Herbolzheimer Rhythm Combination & Brass - Wide Open" is recommended!

'Wide Open' is def my fav Herbolzheimer joint, followed closely by 'Wait A Minute.'