Star Wars funk?

kidinquisitivekidinquisitive 1,627 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
OK, who's got dibs on this? Cantina Band Funk 45 Shipping is only $500 in the U.S.! Another choice quote: "You are a rare 1977 45 rpm from 1977". I guess I didn't know that.

Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    It has to be from that Meco LP. Why are people always asking loot for this stuff????

• You are a rare 1977 45 rpm from 1977

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    yeh i have no clue, cause we have about 50 of those 45s that we have been giving away.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Whats up with that I know a spot that used to have a grip of those.....
    I didn't know cats were getting an dough for em...
    I always thought that 45 was butt ass

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    It has to be from that Meco LP. Why are people always asking loot for this stuff????

this could be the problem, he's selling this but prolly forgot to read it

?!?!?!?

Whats up with that I know a spot that used to have a grip of those.....
    I didn't know cats were getting an dough for em...
    I always thought that 45 was butt ass

The LP has an alright break leading into that song. Not sure if it's on the 45. Either way it's common as dog doo in the park.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    im an idoit

• pacmanpacman 1,113 Posts
    Time for me to put my LP up.

• There's so many hilarious things about that auction but the kicker is the guy says not once but twice that the "wrapper" is in mint condition, but when you look at the picture it's actually not in very good condition.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    im an idoit

I'm feelin the same way.....
    Pretty butt ass

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Why are people always asking loot for this stuff????

• JustJust 8 Posts
    I got this for Fiffty ???uro cent on the flea market last sunday.

Funky Cover

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    OK, who's got dibs on this? Cantina Band Funk 45

Shipping is only $500 in the U.S.! Another choice quote: "You are a rare 1977 45 rpm from 1977". I guess I didn't know that.

I think I heard this recently. Pretty terrible but so many of my friends are star wars geeks that I almost had to buy it.

• dude is clearly insane. look at his response to someones "question".

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Q: !
    Jun-08-05
    A: What is your Question. Do you mean ? Many 45 's vinyl disc just the 8 track cassette are thrown away because of increasing tehnology i.e cd's, Mp3,. As time passes to find one in this mint condition and the original cover sleeve are highly impossible. Just like the 8 track cassete tthat went for over $10,000. it will become a "Holy Grail " item.

The best part is how the "question" the person asked was just them saying "!" and he goes, "do you mean '?' ?"
    Pure comedy.

• I sent dude a long question about the condition of the "wrapper". I'll let you guys know what he says.

Q: !
    Jun-08-05
    A: What is your Question. Do you mean ? Many 45 's vinyl disc just the 8 track cassette are thrown away because of increasing tehnology i.e cd's, Mp3,. As time passes to find one in this mint condition and the original cover sleeve are highly impossible. Just like the 8 track cassete tthat went for over $10,000. it will become a "Holy Grail " item.

The best part is how the "question" the person asked was just them saying "!" and he goes, "do you mean '?' ?"
    Pure comedy.

The real comedy ends when he says this will be a "holy grail" item.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

Shipping is only $500 in the U.S.! Another choice quote: "You are a rare 1977 45 rpm from 1977". I guess I didn't know that.

Star Wars / Cantina Band Meco 1977 Platinum Floater 2,000,000 units sold

2 million. Quite rare.

• mumbosaucemumbosauce 480 Posts

www.saberology.com - I want one of these instead (not!)

• I sent him this question:

Dear edub_grafiks,

You asked:
    "?"

The reason is the condition of both the record and the record wrapper. As any record , condition warrant a higher price, it command an even higher price if it has the original wrapper or "jacket" like a book does. For example- millions of copies were pressed for Karen Carperter's record "I'll be yours" worth 2500.00, however with the Jacket wrapper missing it is only worth 35-50, of course depending on condition. CWB

[/b]

• Dear kidinquisitive,

You asked:
    "I am very interested in this rare 45, but I have a question. I need the wrapper to be in mint condition, can you verify the wrapper is mint on this very rare and special galactic funk 45?"

The record is mint but wrappper is I would say "Near mint". According to grading- the wrappper is just as important as the record. The great condition of the wrapper cover and the mint of the record make it rare. It true that a million were pressed, but How many still exist in this condition with the original wrapper. In short-the wrapper is not as it came from the store the first day but close to it. It is a true "8.5 of 10"

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    a true "8.5 of 10"

a true "8.5 of 10"

a true "8.5 of 10"

a true "8.5 of 10"

a true "8.5 of 10"

poor guy.... let's leave him alone....

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    all these hits on his counter. dude's prolly thinking he'll be rich. sad.