Top5 Rappers from your city (past or present)

13»

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Berlin

top 5

my homie Sera is pretty tight.

Sera Finale

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Nomadic Massive crew

Shades of Culture?

Haz? a lil help?

Ha! I'm a bit of a hatter, but I'll give it a shot:

Arcade
    Le Boyfriend - Everyone loves "Le Rapper Chic"!
    MRF
    Les Architect
    Obscure Disorder - A favorite of Andy Milonakis

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

Planet Asia

umm... no. i wish i was at home (and/or not so tired). i have about a dozen or so fresno rap 12s from the late 80s through mid 90s that have better rhymes than anything asia did.

asia is wack in my opinion.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Most of my favorite Cally heads have been mentioned. But my favorite Portland Rapper is
    MIC CRENSHAW..........people dont even know. Dude is real.

Crenshaw is nice, what was the name of his group?
    They put on a great show, their name escapes me though.

The 503-5:
    Jumbo
    Vursytile
    Cool Nutz
    Libretto[/b]
    Pete Miser

Just tonight I saw literally about 100 sealed Libretto 12"s in the fifty cent bin at Everyday Music on Sandy. Frankly, I think that about sums up the Portland hip hop scene. I've been seeing the same dudes play the same little shows for the last ten years. Nobody is really going anywhere.

OK folks I'm headed to EM.

Libretto is a giant talent. I hope he gets noticed before he gets old. Libretto collects producers the way we collect records. If there is a 16 year old kid in Tulsa producing dope beats Libretto knows about him. I hear Dilla has a beat on Libretto's next record, as well as some sturtters.

That Blazer vid you posted is the off the hook.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Nomadic Massive crew

Shades of Culture?

Haz? a lil help?

Ha! I'm a bit of a hatter, but I'll give it a shot:

Arcade
    Le Boyfriend - Everyone loves "Le Rapper Chic"!
    MRF
    Les Architect
    Obscure Disorder - A favorite of Andy Milonakis

les architekt have great beats...euphrates (see nomatic)
    i hatts as well DUBMATIQUE! LMDS

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Most of my favorite Cally heads have been mentioned. But my favorite Portland Rapper is

The 503-5:
    Jumbo
    Vursytile
    Cool Nutz
    Libretto
    Pete Miser

Hungry Mob, Cleveland Steamers, or Sucka Punch? He has quite the resume' The Lifesavas are cool as well.
    I didnt know you were from or lived in portland??

Hungry Mob that's it! Great band, David, Mondell, Larry Yes are all stand-up dudes.
    I did my Portland time, '84-'90, '95-'98. I miss it a great deal actually, Seattle is a great
    city, don't get me wrong, but Portland is better IMO.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

The 503-5:
    Jumbo
    Vursytile
    Cool Nutz
    Libretto
    Pete Miser

Hungry Mob, Cleveland Steamers, or Sucka Punch? He has quite the resume' The Lifesavas are cool as well.
    I didnt know you were from or lived in portland??

Hungry Mob that's it! Great band, David, Mondell, Larry Yes are all stand-up dudes.
    I did my Portland time, '84-'90, '95-'98. I miss it a great deal actually, Seattle is a great
    city, don't get me wrong, but Portland is better IMO.

Portland v Seattle. I lived in Portland from 'bout '78 - 82 and Seattle '82 - '87. Then I sadly moved to Syracuse. When our sentence was ending in Syracuse we took a trip to the NW to see where we would moved. We figured to visit both Rose City and Seafair, then make a list of pros and cons. When we boarded that plane out of Seatac we just looked at each other and said Portland no contest. Seattle is all about getting stuck in traffic and acting too hip for dinner. Been back in Portland since '90.

I never heard Hunger Mob . I've heard most the players doing other stuff. Pete Miser was in Five Fingers of Funk? They kinda sucked. I know Pete is talented in a lot of areas and has had some success. Is rapping really his long suit?

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

Portland v Seattle. I lived in Portland from 'bout '78 - 82 and Seattle '82 - '87. Then I sadly moved to Syracuse. When our sentence was ending in Syracuse we took a trip to the NW to see where we would moved. We figured to visit both Rose City and Seafair, then make a list of pros and cons. When we boarded that plane out of Seatac we just looked at each other and said Portland no contest. Seattle is all about getting stuck in traffic and acting too hip for dinner. Been back in Portland since '90.

I never heard Hunger Mob . I've heard most the players doing other stuff. Pete Miser was in Five Fingers of Funk? They kinda sucked. I know Pete is talented in a lot of areas and has had some success. Is rapping really his long suit?

Don't sell Portland short, the hip factor has grown by leaps and bounds in the last 5 years.
    I'd say PDX is hipper than Seattle in many ways. Seems cheap enough for cool people to
    start businesses, here it takes serious scratch. The Pearl, Alberta, Mississipi areas have gone from industrial/bombed out store front style, to really upscale in like a blink of an eye.

I was never a huge fan of Pete Miser either, but they were really the biggest name in
    PDX hip hop for awhile there. Not saying he was complete doo-doo, but he did come off
    pretty corny alot of the time IMO.

• 1. snoop dogg
    2. tha chill m.c.(comptons most wanted)
    3. RBX
    4. zach de la rocha
    5. tie- warren g. or lil' 1/2 dead

peace, stein. . .

• SyminSymin 999 Posts

Planet Asia

umm... no. i wish i was at home (and/or not so tired). i have about a dozen or so fresno rap 12s from the late 80s through mid 90s that have better rhymes than anything asia did.

asia is wack in my opinion.

id like to peep some early fresno joints

side note about asia, he was doing a free show at SFstate when i was going there and you could tell he didnt want to be there cause he showed up 1 hour late and took a cell phone call in the middle of one of his songs finished up that song. half assed another and bounced.