Mentally deficient people on eBay

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
Offered in response to "Could you please describe the condition of the vinyl?"
The vinyl is in good condition. It is clean and shiny, and there are no marks or scratches on it that effect its playback. Thus, playback is smooth, and you get quality sound. Enough said[/b], thank you for your interests in this product, and if you have anymore questions please feel free to ask them.
No, not enough said!Is the schitt scratched up or not?

Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    The vinyl is in good condition. It is clean and shiny, and there are no marks or scratches on it that effect its playback. Thus, playback is smooth, and you get quality sound. Enough said[/b], thank you for your interests in this product, and if you have anymore questions please feel free to ask them.

We pride ourselves in our strict grading policy! Records graded "Bad" show multiple cracks or grooves that have been removed with a power sander. Records graded "Good" are better!

• It is clean and shiny

This guy is probably slaving away at thousands of rinked records thinking he can bring them back from the dead...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    There definitely needs to be some sort of basic skills test one must pass before getting an eBay account.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    There definitely needs to be some sort of basic skills test one must pass before getting an eBay account.

I have been saying this for years.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

But then there wouldn't be anyone selling on ebay at all!

But then there wouldn't be anyone selling on ebay at all!
    Here are some sample questions from the record seller sub-section of the test; if you can get these then you don't have anything to worry about.

1. "Record in good condition" can mean:[/b]
    A. Record in bad condition.
    B. Record in G condition.
    C. Record in good condition.
    D. Record in OK condition.
    E. Record in great condition.
    E. All of the above.

2. Loud pops and clicks would most likely detract from the listener's enjoyment of a record.[/b]
    A. True
    B. False

3. In most cases, records that contain deep scratches can be accurately graded NM (Near Mint).[/b]
    A. True
    B. False

4. Shipping a record in a used pizza box is:[/b]
    A. Fine if the box isn't that greasy.
    B. Ok if it???s all you had to ship the record in.
    C. All right if the box has been aired out for at least 24 hours.
    D. All of the above
    E. Asinine

5. 48 pt., multi-colored font should be used:[/b]
    A. Sparingly if at all.
    B. Whenever you have something important to say/sell.
    C. As much as possible.
    D. To your heart???s content.
    E. Never if you want to be taken seriously.

6. A reasonable number of exclamation points to use in a row is:[/b]
    A. Two (!!)
    B. Three (!!!)
    C. Four (!!!!)
    D. Sixty (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    E. All of the above.
    F. A, B and C
    G. None of the above

Good sample questions Rey. I would say you got the green light to produce the complete test. Say, 5-10 pages of questions along similar lines.

Put me down as one of the markers please.

Shipping a record in the box your air conditioner came in is:[/b]

a) an excellent idea, as it will provide extra protection for the record
    b) acceptable in emergencies
    c) an embarassment

Flattening a record inside of an express mailer and then applying so much tape that the recipient isn't sure how he can remove it without damaging the record is:[/b]

a) something the buyer should thank you for, as such challenges will improve his mental acuity
    b) acceptable
    c) grounds for a beatdown

"If it does not play you can return it!" is:[/b]

a) the mark of a professional
    b) good business
    c) an embarassment

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Shipping a record in the box your air conditioner came in is:[/b]

a) an excellent idea, as it will provide extra protection for the record
    b) acceptable in emergencies
    c) an embarassment

Flattening a record inside of an express mailer and then applying so much tape that the recipient isn't sure how he can remove it without damaging the record is:[/b]

a) something the buyer should thank you for, as such challenges will improve his mental acuity
    b) acceptable

"If it does not play you can return it!" is:[/b]

a) the mark of a professional
    b) good business
    c) an embarassment

Hilarious.

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts

b) acceptable

haha.

i got one yesterday well...i'm sure you have been there. i almost slashed my finger off with my box cutter getting it open.

but it was worth it. i got to play a skated, warped record that the box contained.

ah fun times, we'll all laugh one day when the petroleum runs out and electricity use will be illegal. there's always those wind up victrolas.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Shipping a record across the Atlantic Ocean in nothing more than a large paper envelope is:[/b]

a) a great idea because, should the vinyl actually survive the trip intact, the buyer will know that they have purchased a nice, strong record.
    b) good business practice because, if the record should break en route, you can simply explain that you've shipped "thousands of records like that without a single problem" leaving the customer very satisfied.
    c) a stupid move. The record itself should not be the strongest part of the package.

So, I asked the guy to elaborate. The nexxxt episode:

Sure, the vinyl has very very light scatches on it that are hardley visible to the eye; you have to look very close to see them. As a result, I would say that this vinyl is in good shape.

You can't even see them when you turn the lights out!

How about this comforting item description opener:

Grading - We do not know how to properly grade vinyl records so we are not going to pretend to do so.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    ^ I've seen that before. Riskky Bizzness + cop out =

Tom Cruise, Scientologist Policeman b/w Tell Us Your Crimes (Ray-Ban Mix)

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    Shipping a record across the Atlantic Ocean in nothing more than a large paper envelope is:[/b]

a) a great idea because, should the vinyl actually survive the trip intact, the buyer will know that they have purchased a nice, strong record.
    b) good business practice because, if the record should break en route, you can simply explain that you've shipped "thousands of records like that without a single problem" leaving the customer very satisfied.
    c) a stupid move. The record itself should not be the strongest part of the package.

This is great!

These are great.

Someone needs to compile these all in a word doc and then send it to ebay on behalf of th Concerned Citizens of Soul Strut Action Group... CCSSAG

Concerned Record Acquiring Parties?

C.R.A.P.

• Shipping a record across the Atlantic Ocean in nothing more than a large paper envelope is:[/b]

I once got a Placebo - Balek 45 sent to me like this from Belgium.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts

I once got a Placebo - Balek 45 sent to me like this from Belgium.

Mine was a Pigbag LP (broken, of course) ... I'd have been a bit more steamed about Balek.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Please be aware that I am unable to comment on the playability of the records as I do not have a player. I am however able to make a visual diagnosis by holding the vinyl to the light. However, to grade this record, I am using the official grading system from Record Collector Magazine.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

1. "Record in good condition" can mean:[/b]
    A. Record in bad condition.
    B. Record in G condition.
    C. Record in good condition.
    D. Record in OK condition.
    E. Record in great condition.
    E. All of the above.

F. Record in used condition.