Using NAGL in everyday situations (NAGL related)

DJ_ZestDJ_Zest 252 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
Who else has starting using to describe just about anything that is ?Is this ?

Comments

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    Are you suggesting that this phrase originated on Soul Strut? That's definitely .

• DJ_ZestDJ_Zest 252 Posts
    Are you suggesting that this phrase originated on Soul Strut? That's definitely .
    No, it is just so common around these parts, it has become part of my vocabulary, not just "not a good look", but the NAGL acronym itself??

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    i've been using it a lot more because of this place.
    sometimes i actually just straight-up acronym it under my breath.
    self-NAGL.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i've been using it a lot more because of this place.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Who else has starting using to describe just about anything that is ?
    Is this ?

I totally have. and i've got my wife using it too. sometimes she tells me i use i too much, and she's often right, but then she'll turn around and say it. both in "Not a good look" and "NAGL" forms.

whether or not it itself is it's quite fun.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I started using it due to the strut; it's a great way of describing what is, well, not a good look. It's definitely uncommon in my neck of the woods.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Is this ?

49 post and you're already incorporating Soulstrut terminology into your conversations?

Easily influenced....

I've used it here and there but can probably count the amount of times I've used it on one hand.

49 post and you're already incorporating Soulstrut terminology into your conversations?

Easily influenced....

I've used it here and there but can probably count the amount of times I've used it on one hand.

I was a long time strut lurker...
    I just find NAGL amusing and obviously other people do to
    What finally brought this on was the Int. Womans Day: AGL or NAGL thread...

Peace
    DJ Zest

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

:

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I'm having an awful day at work, and i'm fucking NAGL-ing left, right and center.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    That's that Northern Michigan 12 months too late syndrome.

Folks have been saying that for the longest time down here in the Motor City. I know it wasn't derived from the internet. Now folks saying "nagl" and "rofl" as a word is a totally different story. That's slightly amusing, but disturbing at the same time.

• i often rock the nagle, i am even prone to use the term weaksauce and "get on my level" in special situations

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    i've been saying "my private mind garden" a lot lately. Nobody gets it...

Folks have been saying that for the longest time down here in the Motor City. I know it wasn't derived from the internet. Now folks saying "nagl" and "rofl" as a word is a totally different story. That's slightly amusing, but disturbing at the same time.

That is all I meant Gam, using the acronym NAGL itself.... Not a Good Look has been up here too, we aren't that po-dunk

You goin to the Black Milk release party tonight? I would love to go, but I just bought a house so no loot/time at all!
    Peace
    DJ Zest

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Is this ?

Easily influenced....

um, it existed before Soulstrut dude.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Cas and I "nagl" all the time, I say "nagle" instead of "not a good look". It's like a secret.

Last night I nodded towards a man in Teva sandals with dress socks and whispered "nagl" to Cas.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    i use nagle, weak sauce, get on my level, ice grill, waaaambulance, doodoo on a stick and I heartily endorse this product and/or event.

people look at me funny.

im a dork.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    Is this ?

my wife has started to use it. if she starts with cosine i'm out.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

That is all I meant Gam, using the acronym NAGL itself.... Not a Good Look has been up here too, we aren't that po-dunk

You goin to the Black Milk release party tonight? I would love to go, but I just bought a house so no loot/time at all!
    Peace
    DJ Zest
    Naw, my lady has the sniffles, plus my funds are funny at the moment.

Plus I'd rather go to Northern Lights and support my DJ, Benny Ben, since he will suffer with the huge release party for the "hip hop's savior" as I saw him deemed on MySpace today.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

Peace
    DJ Zest
    Naw, my lady has the sniffles, plus my funds are funny at the moment.

Plus I'd rather go to Northern Lights and support my DJ, Benny Ben, since he will suffer with the huge release party for the "hip hop's savior" as I saw him deemed on MySpace today.
    Let me just say though... Popular Demand is pretty damn great. He's a young Detroit hip hop wunderkind, for sure. I wish the li'l homey the best.

Gam:
    That's AGL ??supporting Benni for sure, you guys killed at Illogiks wedding!
    Popular Demand is def. hot as hell, I've got the promo on repeat... Only a couple of filler songs (Insane, Watch Em), the rest of beats are??

Lot of good shit from the D right now, can't wait for the new Phat Kat and Ruff Draft on wax...
    You guys should come up here again sometime this summer, the hip-hop scene is much better now than it was, Lo was up again a little while ago, and we have Blueprint, the Crest and possibly Cunninlynguists? comin up soon...
    Peace
    DJ Zest??

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    aser is known to drop the 'naygle' during conversations . somehow when he says it , the word sounds so natural? to be fair he has only used in 'soulstrut' related discussions, so I'd say it is good to restrict it to that type of conversation (ie: "did you see what TheMack wrote about Guzzo's mom?" , or "Hey did you hear about KL?").

you get the idea.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    [quoteI say "nagle" instead of not a good look. It's like a secret.

hahaha, and yes.

i got my ladyfriend getting in on it. it really makes me laugh. i'm simple.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    What would Brian Peppers have to say about all this? Does anyone care about his feelings?