Chilly Uptown LP?

HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
Hi,Just wondering if anyone here can drop any knowledge on the Chilly Uptown "I Got Rules" LP? Maybe some Seattle headz know the deal? Better or worse than "Criminal Nation" albums? I love "Positively Funky".peaceh

Comments

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    I listened to this fairly recently.
    I think I sold it at WFMU.
    A couple minorly decent tracks on there, but otherwise forgettable.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I bought the concerned with insignifigances copy. not the hottest record, but don't forget "Your Pregnit"

Hi Dante!

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    OH SHIT! didn't think anyone remembered that dude anymore.... i don't have his album but i am pretty sure i didn't think it was too hot at the time. he was kind of a joke. i remember seeing that dude at shows and he always carried a mic slung over his shoulder. ask deerock about that cat....

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    "Your Pregnit"

Oh shit, Tom!
    I forgot about that comedy.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Thanks for the info, peoples!

• Ladies and gentleman let me present to you (courtesy of Chilly Uptown and his DJ) some of the worst scratching ever put on wax.
    Points of interest the scratching around 1:50 and around the 5:00 mark.
    Possibly we have some of the worst rappin and production put on wax too (I do like the drums though).

Enjoy (I needle drop through several of the cuts on the LP)

chilly uptown.mp3 - 3.10MB]http://www.zshare.net/audio/3780884b8eb3b8/]chilly uptown.mp3 - 3.10MB

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Ladies and gentleman let me present to you (courtesy of Chilly Uptown and his DJ) some of the worst scratching ever put on wax.
    Points of interest the scratching around 1:50 and around the 5:00 mark.
    Possibly we have some of the worst rappin and production put on wax too (I do like the drums though).

Enjoy (I needle drop through several of the cuts on the LP)

chilly uptown.mp3 - 3.10MB]http://www.zshare.net/audio/3780884b8eb3b8/]chilly uptown.mp3 - 3.10MB

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!! Those dudes sound like they started rappin' and scratchin' yesterday.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Chilly Uptown! LOL. That dude was comedy. I would always see him walking up and down "The Ave" in Seattle's university district wearing a Crown Royal cap and carrying a huge boom box radio. He was on "Everap" records. The hommie Supreme/Dee Rock's first group "The Incredicrew" were on the same label. The label bought him his first SP 1200 and he still has it!

• I would always see him walking up and down "The Ave" in Seattle's university district wearing a Crown Royal cap and carrying a huge boom box radio.

Looks like a decent boombox.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Jesus I can't believe this is being discussed here! Are you guys talking about the scratching where the needle actually skips and they just left it that way?! Lol!!!!!!! These dudes were SO comedy.............. Chilly tried to tell me he was marley marls brothet back then and I remember the dj actually crying at one of their shows because peopled booed when they performed. real story. In fact I believe big chan was that show. The one where I was sweating him for his FILA jacket!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now who here has Poochie Pee "Y'all be bassin" on wax?