liquidating your collection

2»

Comments

• If you wait 12 months I'll buy the whole lot off you Nige indeed

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    If you wait 12 months I'll buy the whole lot off you Nige indeed

DEAL

super funk and a the bartz' stay. 70s' leon spencer, earland etc.. goes. 60s spencer, muhummad etc.. stays.

the big qestion is the volt/stax joints. anyone got a good filter idea for those?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

the big qestion is the volt/stax joints. anyone got a good filter idea for those?

There's too many of them for any sort of rule to apply across the board, although earlier is generally better, IMO.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

DEAL

super funk and a the bartz' stay. 70s' leon spencer, earland etc.. goes. 60s spencer, muhummad etc.. stays.

I just sold about 400 records to Dusty Groove, and I'm feeling great.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    I was thinking about the same thing.
    Spring cleaning!
    How about getting/sharing a table at your next local record show to try and sell off the tepid $7-$15 crate fillers. Has anybody ever done that?

• who sold raer collection to superflyrekkids? hot chocolate,invaders,jackson sisters, lovelites, way too many and pretty pricey...

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

DEAL

I just sold about 400 records to Dusty Groove, and I'm feeling great.

today? saw dan luggin in a bunch of hiphop/dance 12s this afternoon.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

yessir

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Well, what kind of music do you like to listen to? Seriously. Sometimes you go back and play an LP and realize that your tates have changed. That's why MC Hammer had a lock on used CD stores in the late 90s. That's why all these bullshit Modern LPs will be soon be clogging specialty stores.

N, get back at me re: PM

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

yessir

lol he was like "i left behind a bunch of hiphouse."

how can i be down?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Hey Trew, I just wanted to let you know I buy raers for cheap!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    how come i can't liquidate hip hop records?!? Besides the fact that they are in an economic slump right now, I really don't need doubles of the humpty dance, but i can't bring myself to get rid of them. i have some fear that the revolution will come and i'll need tangible music to play. That, and i bought a lot of that stuff when it came out, so i'd really like my kids to enjoy it one day. Really been considering another big purge tho. it feels pretty good to get rid of all that weight.

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
    I'm thinking about getting rid of ALL of my hip hop doubles and just keeping one copy of each.

• Doubles, I am selling 9 out of my 10 hiphop records today

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    how come i can't liquidate hip hop records?!? i bought a lot of that stuff when it came out, so i'd really like my kids to enjoy it one day.

Eggs actly.

thats the only reason im holding on to most of my hiphop 12's. god knows i have not played them in years.

and then in a few years the kid turns around and says "i hate all your music da".

waddayado?

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    the only doubles of rap stuff i kept was sealed LPs or 12s. like the Masta Ace platinum vinyl. one open and one sealed. Show/AG goodfellas LP is the same. i never listen to them much but its nice to have sealed copies of stuff.

i purged all my funk because i got tired of the sound. it was too fast for me in my old age. unless it had a killer soul flip i dumped it.

i keep my gospel only because i dont see a lot of it here in the bay area.

really, these records, all my records, sit on the shelf and get played rarely. with the vinyl i dont care about, its just sitting on the shelf costing me money, so i usually get rid of it. record what i care about and poopoo the rest. fuck it... theres hella more records to cop.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    you guys dont make this any easier

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    how come i can't liquidate hip hop records?!? Besides the fact that they are in an economic slump right now, I really don't need doubles of the humpty dance, but i can't bring myself to get rid of them. i have some fear that the revolution will come and i'll need tangible music to play. That, and i bought a lot of that stuff when it came out, so i'd really like my kids to enjoy it one day. Really been considering another big purge tho. it feels pretty good to get rid of all that weight.

what's all this about "the revolution" and kids?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    fuck it... theres hella more records to cop.

Oh indeed.

Records come, records go. Possession is an illusion.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    god i used to hate all that shit that faux is calling tepid fuck. esp. back when "rare groove" was whatever it was.