FAVORITE MOTOWN....?

2»

Comments

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    i forgot odyssey-"our lives are shaped by what we love"..............someone mentioned syreeta, i second that.as well as the sisters love 45.

it was hard picking one stevie lp but as far as slept on, his live album is great.

peace,xavier

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    it was hard picking one stevie lp but as far as slept on, his live album is great.

Which one (there are three - the first one had "Fingertips - Part 2")?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Which one (there are three - the first one had "Fingertips - Part 2")?

the one from the late 60's from Paris is so under-rated, especially that one joint where Stevie busts a minute plus drum solo

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    a bunch have already said it but ill on "Smokey is heat"
    my favorite track is "who will take the blame"

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

ALL DAY EVERY DAY.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts

ALL DAY EVERY DAY.

i wonder whats under those braids?

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    Jackson 5: I Want You Back Extended Version

Are u talkin about the Japanese remixes or is there some extended version OG that I missed?

I'm talking about the 5:05 version on the Italian 12", the flipside to Jermaine Jackson's Erucu. The 12" is supposedly a bootleg from the 80's, where they took the version from I don't know... I think the version on Going Back To Indiana is 4:16 and the 7" version is just under 3 minutes. It might just be an edit job, i'll have to pull out the 12" and investigate.

http://www.discogs.com/release/552994

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    it can be tamala, motown, gordy or any other affiliated labeles. what/who is your favorite....?

album: "whats going on" ( i have "people.... hold on" at a very close second)

song: "bernadette" (this song is the reason i made this thread, i have been playing the shit out of this recently. i remember loving it as a little kid when i heard it on the radio, i love it even more now.)

group: The 4 tops

artist: marvin gaye

songwriter: holland dozier holland

producer:frank wilson

slept on song: "the marvelettes-after all"

slept on album: "smokey robinson and the miracles-pocket full of miracles"

add on.

peace,xavier

Hey,

I inserted my responses to the original message below:

it can be tamala, motown, gordy or any other affiliated labeles. what/who is your favorite....?

album: "Songs in the Key of Life"-Stevie Wonder

song: "Come Live with Me, Angel"-Marvin Gaye (so lush!!!).

group: The Temptations

artist: Marvin Gaye

songwriter: Smokey Robinson (don't sleep)

producer: Leon Ware

slept on song: "Exodus Song"-The Originals.

slept on 12": "Swang" b/w "Spirit Groove" 12"-Mandre.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    i'm talking about the late 60's live stevie lp w/ the minute long drum break by stevie. it's a cool little funk instrumental track too.

big stacks,that originals song is crazy. the "defenition" album which its off of is pretty slept on as a whole.

peace,xavier

p.s-forgot to mention leon ware in my og post too. but he gets major props all day every day!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Jackson 5 - Get It Together
    Marvin Gaye - Hear My Dear/Let's Get It On
    Teena Marie - Wild and Peaceful
    Undisputed Truth - Cosmic Truth
    Jermaine jackson - Frontiers
    Switch - Switch/Reaching For Tommorrow
    Eddie Hendricks - My People, Hold On
    DeBarge - All This Love
    Michael Jackson - Got To Be There
    Smokey Robinson - Smokey

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    Tammi Terrell- All I Do Is Think About You

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    Michael Jackson - Maria
    off of got to be there

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Tammi Terrell- All I Do Is Think About You

That Tammi Terrell album (Irresistible) is a monster, even though a lot of it was recycled from other Motown recordings. "Hold Me Oh My Darling" is a Marvin-Tammi duet with Marvin's voice removed (and Tammi naturally singing Marvin's part). One other song (I forget which, I'll have to look it up later) uses the backing track to the Supremes'"Little White Star" (from their Merry Xmas album). That said, this LP is still worth tracking down.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Michael Jackson - Maria
    off of got to be there