edited March 2007 in Strut Central

Nostalgia on overload! (Me likes)

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Kanye said nothing that stuck w/ me.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Nor KRS.

I don't think this song captures of the folks involved in their prime or anything. But I still like the idea of it.

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    im not hearing kayne in this
    been in the game 2 minutes
    'classic' mmmmm

Nor KRS.

I don't think this song captures of the folks involved in their prime or anything. But I still like the idea of it.

For KRS to be the sweep up man, he was mad regular. Very good idea. Premier hatters might shit on themselves though.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    fuck.
    i liked the song better when it was called the nas "hate me now(jaymack remix)"

http://www.zshare.net/audio/05-hate-me-now-remix-mp3.html

i made this like three years ago, and everyone told me it sounded like premier. well, now it IS premier.

• I was feeling it. That jaymack remix is nice too.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    What album is this from?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    What album is this from?

It's some sort of an AF1 promotion, I think.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Nor KRS.

I liked KRS' line about needing more local MCs on the radio.

What album is this from?

I think you are correct Faux. I just downloaded the song, but the order of the verses is different. The version I downloaded is called Classic (Nike remix). The order of verses is Kanye, Nas, KRS, Rakim. Why does Nike need to promotoe AF1s? They sold someting like 20 million pairs in the last couple years with no promotion.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

KRS must not listen to the radio very often. Anywhere.

What album is this from?

I think you are correct Faux. I just downloaded the song, but the order of the verses is different. The version I downloaded is called Classic (Nike remix). The order of verses is Kanye, Nas, KRS, Rakim. Why does Nike need to promotoe AF1s? They sold someting like 20 million pairs in the last couple years with no promotion.

And they want people to keep buying them. The New/25th anniversary joints have that silly NBA Tam nike commercial w/ the terrible rapping on it.

KRS must not listen to the radio very often. Anywhere.
    He probably confused that Mims song for something from ATL.

• AF1s had a little promotion

AF1s had a little promotion

I meant that Nike never spent any of their own money marketing AF1s. They got plenty of "free" promotion from countless rap artists mentioning AF1s. How many times did The Game mention Nike shoes on his two albums? Crazy.

I meant that Nike never spent any of their own money marketing AF1s. They got plenty of "free" promotion from countless rap artists mentioning AF1s. How many times did The Game mention Nike shoes on his two albums? Crazy.

Its better than those silly faux multi-culti K-Swiss commercials w/ mofuckas dancin and shit.

Its better than those silly faux multi-culti K-Swiss commercials w/ mofuckas dancin and shit.

LOL! Word. Those K-Swiss commercials are the WORST!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    this would be a great song if it was just that premier beat and rakim.

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    What about all the old 80's AF1 adds with the original six basketball players.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I fastforwarded through Kanye's verse.

the shots of all the pieces in the end had me laughing:

"KRS"...

"RAKIM"...

"KANYE"?!?!?!

for real: NO reason for Kanye anywhere near a track that he didn't produce.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    rakim was solid on this track. primo rocked shit too.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    if you liked rakim on this and haven't checked out his latter-day shit (esp the one with "guess who's back," i think that one's 18th letter?) then you should. One of the albums even has a suavehouse remix! Rakim still sounds great to me and hasn't dated badly at all.

• I fastforwarded through Kanye's verse.

"KRS"...

"RAKIM"...

"KANYE"?!?!?!

Kanye is on it because he did produce it. This is the primo remix of it. They still should have taken him off.

"KRS"...

"RAKIM"...

"KANYE"?!?!?!

Kanye is on it because he did produce it. This is the primo remix of it. They still should have taken him off.

Naw, the original version of the song was a Rick Rubin production.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

"KRS"...

"RAKIM"...

"KANYE"?!?!?!

i think rick rubin did the original version, not kanye.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    This is off topic, but why can't someone make a dvd full of stuff like the first 40 seconds of this video. I'm sure it would be fairly easy to get a bunch of famous producers to run through some of their beats and talk/show how they made them. All the producer/beat digger videos always end up being snooze fests with only talking.

Maybe it's a clearance issue. I don't know, but somebody please make a producer/beat digger docutmentary that's worth watching more than once.

and back on topic. Rakim sounds good.

• ahh i stand corrected. It wasn't kanye. Okay we all agree then, there's no reason for him to be there except for star power..

sadly if he wasn't on this it would be doomed to a b-side of dj backpacks basement hits volume 176.

• fuck.
    i liked the song better when it was called the nas "hate me now(jaymack remix)"

http://www.zshare.net/audio/05-hate-me-now-remix-mp3.html

i made this like three years ago, and everyone told me it sounded like premier. well, now it IS premier.

It would appear though that someone bet both you and DJ Premier to that Carl Douglas sample

Craig Mack-Da New Street Language 2001

Phife used it on Alphabet Soup as well

lol your beat was good though and i just wanted to say fuck that swollen headed, preppy boy hypocrite...yep he can make some good beats but he is way over rated and sucks as an MC.