where to press up records?

erikbeatserikbeats 129 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
helloI have a question that maybe some of you could help me with.I would like to self release an instrumental album and I was wondering if anyone knew of any places that they recommend?I have the material mastered and the art ready and a place to do the jackets, so I only need a press plant.I will be doing a short run of about 300 to 500 depending.If anyone knows of a place please help me to the light.I did a search but as you can imagine doing a search for "record pressing" on a record site like this can be a lesson in searching tactics.any insight would be great. I really appreciate the help and knowledge.peace.

Comments

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    we used to use rainbo records a lot. they've been around a long time....

www.rainborecords.com

• MikeZeroMikeZero 215 Posts
    I did a 300 press run with RTI a while back with pretty quick (and easy) turn-around. They also don't make you fill out a bunch of annoying copyright paperwork.

• erikbeatserikbeats 129 Posts
    thanks
    that was one of the places i was looking at.
    i appreciate the input
    peace

• (LURKIN LIKE A MUHFUCKA!)

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I've used RTI before. They may be a bit more expensive than some of the other places, but they do a good job. The account person I worked with was super friendly. it was totally pain free.

And yes, no annoying paperwork.

Trapdoor is an RTI pressing if that gives you an idea of what to expect.

They don't do printing though, but they'll set you up with someone like Stoughton.

• erikbeatserikbeats 129 Posts
    thanks
    i am really thankfull for the input.