(yet another) External HD thread

UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
Ok, so im bout to buy some SATA drives and enclosures, one will be coming out to spots to DJ with me, the other will sit at home and house my full music collection. 2 questions:Any reason to try and get a firewire drive, so Microwave and HD are not both on USB?How should I format it so if i spin of my boys mac, both computers can read the drive?Im getting 320's cause the the Microwave drive may end up holding protools files too. This is what I'm thinking....One more thing, anyone in NYC interested in swapping collections, I got about 125 gigs, pm me...

Comments

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    No one want to contribute 2 cents?

Cheap bastards, trying to enturbulate me, what are your crimes wife beaters?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

One more thing, anyone in NYC interested in swapping collections, I got about 125 gigs, pm me...

the day has come, people swapping mp3s "collections". Next week we'll be referring to mp3s as "pieces".

• kojackkojack 42 Posts
    Those Venus enclosures are fantastic. I've got 2 IDE and 3 SATA hooked up to my desktop right now.

Re: firewire - it never hurts to put things on different buses, just to provide maximum throughput, but it's probably not strictly necessary.