Euro Strut '07

Comments

• Slovenia would be nice but I think the ball is rolling Holland's way now.... Plus to set these up I think its helpful to have a strutter based in the country thats hosting it - local knowledge etc. Which I don't know if we've got for Slovenia...?

• things still in the pipeline for a Dutch strutfest.... watch this space....

• BlastkidBlastkid 240 Posts
    I'll probably go to Holland for a few days this summer, so I might as well come by and have a few drinks.

• things still in the pipeline for a Dutch strutfest.... watch this space....

Some of us were in Utrecht this month and will be there again in November. So what's happening?

• soz mate I've been on holiday plus I was skint, plus the tax laws changed here this month and I had to make sure I didn't go to jail (not that theres any spare cells in this country...)

anyway fuck it, it looks as though its leaning towards November now. The Utrecht fair is on 17-18 November so do peeps want to start making plans around this date?

One of the Eindhoven guys from the Fryer forum was trying to set up a night that month anyway plus it'll give me more time to save some cash as well.

and anyway I prefer the cold weather!

• soz mate I've been on holiday plus I was skint, plus the tax laws changed here this month and I had to make sure I didn't go to jail (not that theres any spare cells in this country...)

anyway fuck it, it looks as though its leaning towards November now. The Utrecht fair is on 17-18 November so do peeps want to start making plans around this date?

One of the Eindhoven guys from the Fryer forum was trying to set up a night that month anyway plus it'll give me more time to save some cash as well.

and anyway I prefer the cold weather!

i think we will have a good time anyway. including club night specials and secret hideouts.

let's talk later this year. i think the amsterdam guys are working on it already...

• So today is almost halfway between the last post and almost the session itself...

any updates....? :5pager:

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Its being worked on,

Fejmelba and myself are looking at setting a few things up in Amsterdam, a night spinning for those that want (very low-key but good venue) im working on a bartab, and Fejmelba is doin his thing too (what up J***, ill call ya).

• top man.... Someone is working on something in Eindhoven same weekend hopefully

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    Its being worked on,

Fejmelba and myself are looking at setting a few things up in Amsterdam, a night spinning for those that want (very low-key but good venue) im working on a bartab, and Fejmelba is doin his thing too (what up J***, ill call ya).

yeah lets have a bear.

doing any boat jobs this saterday ?

• yeah lets have a bear.

beyond Werner Herzog

could we go to that bar with that beer shop on the other side of the street again? is beer duty-free? how much can i take home?

Its being worked on,

yeah lets have a bear.

doing any boat jobs this saterday ?

Haha!

No, actually my wife is in hospital, we will be having our 2nd son this weekend... she has high blood pressure so they will be inducing her on Saturday morning...

So next time you see me ill be papa of two.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    If it's in Amsterdam count me in

co-sign. The most obvious way to do this is around the Utrecht...

I'm going anyhow.

b

yeah lets have a bear.

beyond Werner Herzog

could we go to that bar with that beer shop on the other side of the street again? is beer duty-free? how much can i take home?

nope bier aint duty-free.

but you can take as much as you like home with you.
    and if it wont fit in your bag just leave some of those raers you pull in utrecht at my place.

So next time you see me ill be papa of two.

yo NZ gefeliciteert man.
    eindelijk een modaal gemiddeld nederlands gezin.

ill drink 2 dat !!!

• 2 months away.....

anyone have a rough itenary yet?

i had a sneak peak at NZSHADOWS spot. its looking pretty ****

• On Friday 16th November at the SJU in Utrecht there is going to be a funk night with DJ's and hopefully a band. Just thought I'd let you know so you guys can make plans...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    On Friday 16th November at the SJU in Utrecht there is going to be a funk night with DJ's and hopefully a band. Just thought I'd let you know so you guys can make plans...

what kind of funk night? a soulstrut funk night? if it's not soulstrut, i'm not going.

it would be cool to have a "soulstrut people play records to soulsrut people " afternoon or night. i'd prefer a relaxed atmosphere, but clubbing would be okaaaay too. i think i'll meet some vinylv**t*rers anyway. vinyl what?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i had a sneak peak at NZSHADOWS spot. its looking pretty ****

hawt or not?

On Friday 16th November at the SJU in Utrecht there is going to be a funk night with DJ's and hopefully a band. Just thought I'd let you know so you guys can make plans...

what kind of funk night? a soulstrut funk night? if it's not soulstrut, i'm not going.

it would be cool to have a "soulstrut people play records to soulsrut people " afternoon or night. i'd prefer a relaxed atmosphere, but clubbing would be okaaaay too. i think i'll meet some vinylv**t*rers anyway. vinyl what?

thats exactly the kind of night Fej and i are working on. gonna be sweet (and im working on that bartab too). basically a very low-key session in an upstairs lounge.

but ill let FejMelba do the rest of the talking...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

thats exactly the kind of night Fej and i are working on. gonna be sweet (and im working on that bartab too). basically a very low-key session in an upstairs lounge.

but ill let FejMelba do the rest of the talking...

i can't wait to hear what you guys are planning on. amsterdam and utrecht are really beautiful places with cool people. and lots of nice records.

how bout a soulstrut/vinylv**t*rers night with soulstrut/vinylv**t*rers playin records. in a mello mood lots of beer and funny sigarets at NZSHADOWS place ( wich is nice ) only dancin will be the girls on their poles.
    Bring your raer euro 45s and win a price (NPDGR)

btw waar zit die sju eigenlijk ?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I'll be there!

Whats the deal with getting entrance into the fair for friday?

b

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    I'll be there!

That would be dope, as long as there def. will be some girls!! Not even to hit on, but just to watch and talk to. If they like music too, I'll be fully satisfied. Please fej and nz, let me know when you have details, i'll pop by, as it is only a 2hr ride to utrecht/amsterdam area from my spot...lookin forward...

Not even to hit on, but just to watch and talk to.

Did you just get out of the joint?

easy tiger...

• I'll be there!

Whats the deal with getting entrance into the fair for friday?

b

The entrance on friday is 50 euros..but if you get there early there are always dealers selling extra tickets for half the price.
    Paying off security gards is also a cheaper way to get in

• The following event has been put together by Rich Spammin' over at the funk forum

Flyer and special guest to be announced shortly....

Drumsuite Friday 16th November Utrecht

Vintage Funk & Soul 45's
    Hammond Jazz
    Gritty R&B
    and Beats

DJ's
    Rich Gee & Rich Jammin (Drumsuite)

Special Guest DJ
    TBC

Live Band: TBC

Doors: 21:30 - 04:00
    Free before 23:00