LOU COURTNEY i'm in need of love APPRECIATION

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
listening to this tonight sick with the flu... forgot how much i love this soulful schitt i need more tussin

Comments

• so many many great songs on that album.

hope you feel better soon.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Co-sign, along with a petition for a Jerry Ragovoy
    appreciation thread. His work with Courtney, Howard Tate,
    Irma Thomas, Garnett Mimms & Lorraine Ellison is unfadeable.

• 1. Get better, Phil...

2. Maybe this album needs to grow on me...I've got a whole grip of his singles on Riverside and Verve, and the one single I have from I'm In Need Of Love ("What Do You Want Me To Do") is a stone early 70's smooth soul classic...but the album it comes from kinda went in one ear and out the other with me...sounds like I'm in need of a relisten. At any rate, "What Do You Want Me To Do" sounds great next to "Wendy Is Gone" (Ronnie McNeir), "Reach For The Moon" (Angelo Bond), and "It's Got To Be Now Or Never" (Little Dooley)...

(somebody should start) a Jerry Ragovoy
    appreciation thread. His work with Courtney, Howard Tate,
    Irma Thomas, Garnett Mimms & Lorraine Ellison is unfadeable.

Indeed. As a producer, he wasn't so urban that he didn't have blues/gospel roots, but he wasn't so rural that he couldn't be sophisticated either.

• I got my first copy of this lp more than 10 years ago and I'm still enjoying it -
    for me it is one of the best 70s soul lps together with J.R. Baileys Just me 'n you and some more.
    that's why I have two extra copies - one sealed and one for trade if someone needs a copy

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    so many many great songs on that album.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    so many many great songs on that album.

I know I've mentioned it before but soulstrut favorite, Eddie Kendricks covered 2 tracks from this album on his "Love Keys" LP from the early 80's.

People need to stop sleeping on it.

I keep 2 copies on hand of this LP in case I need to feel extra soulful

• so many many great songs on that album.

I know I'v mentioned before u soulstrut favorite, Eddie Kendricks covered 2 tracks from this album on his "Love Keys" LP from the early 80's.

yep, that "love keys" album is the sureshot also... i was gonna do an eddie kendricks appreciation last night as well but i passed out from the tussin