Notre Dame, IN - what's good?

prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
I'll be at the University next week doing a show at the Debartolo center. Any good record stores? eats? etc?

Comments

• Was there this pass fall. One record store..,I fail to recall the name and indicative of poor offerings. Title something like Galaxy Music or such. Phone book check best way to go...thrift stores etc. If you have any success, I would welcome the owenage/sonning report.

Everything else...can't comment as I was there for the day. Wasn't smitten with the town at all. The university is nice tho.

• for the record, it's South Bend.

• for the record, it's South Bend.

Well the address on the UofND website says Notre Dame, IN. But I guess it's one of those 'town-within-a-town' deals. It's not like when I was in school my mail went to UCLA, CA.

• you could take the south shore to chicago, other than that I would say south bend kind of sucks.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    theres a few decent thrifts in Michigan City, IN, but other than that, South Bend is weaksauz.

• Yeah, not much to see, there is a great funk45 out of South Bend by a band called Jericho though (white funk band)...Two great funk tracks (one uptempo, one midtempo), be on the lookout, Also, a good random rap compilation called "ND Crew Presents..." I would look up thrift stores in the phone book, thats your best bet.