My Newest Guitar (Retail Therapy Related)

holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
1972 Ibanez,

Comments

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    why you dont buy a gibson es-335? stein. . .

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    because this is stereo (you can send each pickup to a seperate amp), it also has this sweet gain boosting circuitry, I have never seen a real Gibson one at a comparable price and early Ibanezes are dope, with these ES345 copies being hard to find.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    wow! that's dope! How much did that set you back, if I may ask?

$800 NZ which I think is around $565 US.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    $800 NZ which I think is around $565 US.

damn, that's pretty resonable.

ahhh stereo. .pretty neat! stein. . .

Stereo is pretty neat, the main reason is the price though. I'm just not ready to sell vital organs in order to pay for an OG vintage Gibson.

that is a real good price. i only have a fender telecaster from mexico(200 u.s.d.)
    i wish i had something like yours that i didnt have to amp. stein.

• jonthedjjonthedj 30 Posts
    I work in a music store and Ibanez makes some of the best reasonably priced guitars today. Especially their accoustic and hollowbodies. If you tested that Ibanez agaisnt a $900-$1000 Epiphone Hollowbody youd probably like the Ibanez better. Ibanez's are made in China but they have an excellent quality control plant in the US that all instruments go thru. End result---better instruments for almost half the price of any competing brand. Granted an ES-335 is a better guitar...but your talking at least triple the price of that ibanez. Congratulations man....thats a really nice guitar.