All 45s on my 45th: Fri. 3/9 @ MILK SF

djstefdjstef 534 Posts
edited February 2007 in Announcements
I am old. Please come dance to 45s with me, spun by some of my fave DJs and good friends.Big thanks to Mike the 2600 King for the flyer.Friday, March 9th at Milk from 10 to 2.

Comments

• Yyyyyyeeeeesss!

And is Mr. Supreme this board's DeeRock?

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    And is Mr. Supreme this board's DeeRock?
    Yyyyyyeeeeesss.

• Happy (early) birthday. I turn 45 in June and was plotting a similar soiree here in DC. I'll send you my flyer in a few months. Remember - the more you dance the younger you feel (at least til the next morning).

Where were you in '62?

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Ah... another solid SF DJ Mafia party at Milk

I'll try and make it up... if not, Happy Birthday!

• i can't wait (no nu shooz)

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    Happy (early) birthday. I turn 45 in June and was plotting a similar soiree here in DC. I'll send you my flyer in a few months. Remember - the more you dance the younger you feel (at least til the next morning).

Where were you in '62?
    Thanks!! Didn't we grow up at a great time? I'd have it no other way. Good luck with your party.

We're also doing some 45 labels. I need some 45s to put them on... Hello, peacefulrotation?? I hear you have some 45s you can sell me for cheap.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Happy Birthday Stef

Youre VE Radio mixes have been a staple in my life for a while

• by all means Stef....come take some of these kenny loggins 45's off my hands

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Stef, I wish I could make it up. Have a good time and Happy Birthday!
    And don't worry, 45 is the new 35 - I thought you knew?!

• Stef, I wish I could make it up. Have a good time and Happy Birthday!
    And don't worry, 45 is the new 35 - I thought you knew?!

Except that Stef looks better at 45 than most of us did at...well, ever.

Add some eye cream and it's !

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    Yep, Ross got the high-end cosmetics hookup.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Damn it! I just realized I have a bachelor party in Tahoe next weekend... thought it was the following weekend. Oh well... have an awesome time

• Correction:

45 is the new 33 1/3

Looking forward to catching up with y'all Friday.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I will most definitely be in attendance for this one. Learn me on some Bay area heat, duders!

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    Yeah, I can't wait to see what y'all throw down!

No requests, except: "Can you wish my friend a Happy Birthday? His name is DJ B Cause."

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    happy birthday stef and josh cause!!! sorry i'll miss it, can someone rock some whitesnake for me?

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    ill try and make it out. im working a double shift that day (thurs 11p til fri 730a - fri 4p - 1130p) so im not sure what ill feel like at midnight but ill try and make it out...

though weve all heard me say and write this many times before...

happy birthday stef... oh and sorry to serg for not calling you back. this whole week ive been working the night shift so my hours have been messed up. im asleep by 10 or 11am but if yall still want those 45s just let me know.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Stef- have an awesome birthday- wish I could be there- post pics!

• All 45s

Get on my hype.

• Well, now I expect to see you pull up tonight...doing wheelies on a motorbike.

Got a spare of the messy marv 45?

• Stef, I have a friend who's still in high school and doesn't have a fake ID. Do you think she looks old enough to get in?

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    Hahahha... oh man, I took that at the photo booth at Great America in like '79. I think I was wearing my painter jeans w/ the embroidered Philippine flag on the leg pocket, locs and karate shoes.

Anyways... THIS JUST IN!

Filling in for DJ Madison as a last minute replacement: DJ MORSE CODE!

And 45s he's feelin'.

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    painter jeans w/ the embroidered Philippine flag on the leg pocket, locs and karate shoes.

Plus plastic yellow comb in said pocket.

• I bet that comb had a handle too...

happy birthday!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Happy birthday! Every record collector should celebrate their 33 1/3s and 78s, as well.

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    Big, huge thanks to all the DJs and everyone who came out last night. EVERY DJ killed it: Mr. Supreme, B.Cause, Centipede/Mophono, Morse Code, Neta, Ross Hogg, Matthew Africa, King "Can I use Microwave" Most, RasCue, Vin Sol and Fernando.

BEST BIRTHDAY PARTY EVARRRRRR!!! I love you guys a ton.

• That was entirely too much fun! I still can't get over DJ Centipede's set. He sonned us all with that shit.

Shouts to Max Champ and Edith Head in the house, too. Let's see some pics.