How would you describe Keb Darge (flyer related)

DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
We are doing a party at a local country hall(in Mullumbimby Australia) and Keb Darge will be playing. I am putting the flyer together at the moment and dont know how to hype him.Is One of the worlds best Funk Dj/Collectors a bit of a stretchPlease help.For gold coast, brisbane heads it is on 14th april a week after the byron blues fest. He is not doing any gigs in Brissy as no venues there were interested in taking him. He will be doing a 4-5 hr set and it is a gig to not miss out on

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    King of the Mason Jar

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    The Baddest Bald Funk DJ in the Cosmos

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    How about ...

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    he will make your balls sweat like never before

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Yeah try just a pic of his face with

Keb Darge:
    Ball Sweat Guaranteed

...in like a red stamp a la The A-Team logo.

You're welcome.

• 'ken

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Is it true that he's sold his collection after recording them to acetetates and he's playing them now?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    'king of diggin'

• Is it true that he's sold his collection after recording them to acetetates and he's playing them now?

He has sold chunks of his collection over the years, but ... well he can explain it better than I can.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    We are doing a party at a local country hall(in Mullumbimby Australia) and Keb Darge will be playing. I am putting the flyer together at the moment and dont know how to hype him.

Is
    One of the worlds best Funk Dj/Collectors

a bit of a stretch

Please help.

For gold coast, brisbane heads it is on 14th april a week after the byron blues fest. He is not doing any gigs in Brissy as no venues there were interested in taking him. He will be doing a 4-5 hr set and it is a gig to not miss out on

Yo, get me up there to support! I will be back in Australia that time!!!

peace.

• THE CRYPT KEEPER[/b]

• He is a scary looking dude.
    Sheep it will be good to meet you spread the word in Brissy. But seriously not many people around here would even know who he is so I might just stick with

Worlds greatest Funk collector/DJ

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Is he doing any sydney shows?

• Alice Russell and Keb Darge Sydney 13th April

An awesome gig not to be missed

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Wish he would come back to NZ also.

• King of the Mason Jar

Ahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

Keb rocked the party for 3 hours solid last time he was down here... never left the t/tables - or his valuable stash of 7s the entire time. Poor bar staff kept picking up what they thought were jugs of beer left untouched by the bald one only to find they were spilling his exalted urine all over themselves and the dancing masses as they tried to get back to the bar area...

He was pushing the 7" by Zebra (reish on Jazz Man?) and other goodness hard that night - amazing to see a crowd full of hiphop dub and dance hall fans losing their cherry to proto disco / northern and hard funk.

He's back next month with Doze Green painting live... dope.

• THE CRYPT KEEPER[/b]

If I saw this pop out of my closet I might WISH I had a mason jar.

• any melbourne shows.....???

• any melbourne shows.....???

I had a quick squiz and couldn't see any listed just yet - but Alice Russell and TM Duke are playign the Espy with the Bamboo's on Good Friday (April 6)

hi Ch*is!

• Cool,
    I'll pull out the dancing shoes then!!
    I hope the former Scottish disco dancing and Tae Kwon Do champion does get on his goodfoot to Melbourne town!!!!
    The last few times in Melbourne have been shite turn outs for the man though...Great tunes though!!
    Time to pull coats!!

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    Poor bar staff kept picking up what they thought were jugs of beer left untouched by the bald one only to find they were spilling his exalted urine all over themselves and the dancing masses as they tried to get back to the bar area...

Dammm....

• the inspiration behind this one ...

• he chain smokes through virtually his entire set(2+ hours). its amazing really. maybe you cound incorporate that into the design. peace, stein. . .

• Man, it would be awesome to see him play in Melbourne again. I remember the last night I went to, the promo wasn't great and there wasn't that many people there, but the records were ball-sweatingly good. The only good thing about the small turnout was getting to have a quick chat to the man himself...

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Cool,
    I'll pull out the dancing shoes then!!
    I hope the former Scottish disco dancing and Tae Kwon Do champion does get on his goodfoot to Melbourne town!!!!
    The last few times in Melbourne have been shite turn outs for the man though...Great tunes though!!
    Time to pull coats!!

melbourne needs this man, it just doesn't know it yet.

• I dont know if its helping you, but after his set, when he is in a good mood, he is dancing like the dopes motherfucker I've seen.

Spinning and moving like a 20 year old. Chicks always stare at him and cant believe how good he can dance.

I saw it often when he played here in Hamburg.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• It should be a good gig i just hope we can pull a crowd. We have been getting 300+ to gigs in the middle of nowhere surrounded by rainforest. The locals and myself included need some funk education and we will hopefully get him enebriated enough to bust some moves.

• Quo

• We are doing a party at a local country hall(in Mullumbimby Australia) and Keb Darge will be playing. I am putting the flyer together at the moment and dont know how to hype him.

Is
    One of the worlds best Funk Dj/Collectors

a bit of a stretch

Please help.

For gold coast, brisbane heads it is on 14th april a week after the byron blues fest. He is not doing any gigs in Brissy as no venues there were interested in taking him. He will be doing a 4-5 hr set and it is a gig to not miss out on

Yo, get me up there to support! I will be back in Australia that time!!!

peace.

Sheep u b*stard, reply to yr emails, I'm moving back home, we have to hook up. Headline Keb as the man who broke funk music to the world (or s'thing liek that). He will play rockabilly but before you object, ask him about the scar on the side of his head. It involves Glasgow, football and meat cleavers. Mullumbimby will freak him out??? I've recommended he visit surfer's paradise for the japanese lay-deez on the beach. He was very enthusiastic. Sheep, I'm sure you can help him out up there.