POST A SICK BEATLES COVER

picoandsepulvedapicoandsepulveda 1,026 Posts
edited February 2019 in Music Talk
post a sick beatles cover. here's mines: Prince Buster "all my loving"http://download.yousendit.com/954A26AD7C300234

Comments

• I don't have it to post but that Asian-vocaled cover of that Beatles song "I saw the news today..." is pretty bad-ass. Andy Votel used it on the "Key of Death" mix.

• you mean 'a day in the life'? c'mon gene...get fam! drop the esoteric acid rock, and learn some of the OG's, brah!

• you mean 'a day in the life'? c'mon gene...get fam! drop the esoteric acid rock, and learn some of the OG's, brah!

I know all them shits I just don't know the names.

b/w

I'm a Stones guy anyway.

Really though, who rides harder for classic rock staples? Don't tet G!

b/w

I'm a Stones guy anyway.

seen. just joshin'

b/w

should we have a shadow graem that says, 'just joshin'? i say yes.

c/w

I've heard the debate as beatles vs. stones, beatles vs. elvis, and beatles vs. beach boys. the fact that everything gets compared to the beatles says to me that they win.
    but, that's just what i think.

b/w

I'm a Stones guy anyway.

seen. just joshin'

b/w

should we have a shadow graem that says, 'just joshin'? i say yes.

c/w

I've heard the debate as beatles vs. stones, beatles vs. elvis, and beatles vs. beach boys. the fact that everything gets compared to the beatles says to me that they win.
    but, that's just what i think.

I see ya workin. "Not doing the knowledge" is a fairly grievous S S offense tho so y'know....

I asked my Dad once, who's a steadfast "Beatles guy", why he didn't like the Stones. He said they used to have so many Beatles vs. Stones nights on the radio back then..."They made you choose!"

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

HA!!!

But for real....

• I see ya workin. "Not doing the knowledge" is a fairly grievous S S offense tho so y'know....

I asked my Dad once, who's a steadfast "Beatles guy", why he didn't like the Stones. He said they used to have so many Beatles vs. Stones nights on the radio back then..."They made you choose!"

nahh...not knowing song names ain't too big a thing. granted, that's a big one, but i don't know half the 90s hip hop song titles i wanna talk about; the era of CDs was bad for getting to know song titles.

• Seriously though, whassis mean?

• Whose the french ho who covered jealous guy?

Not sure whose ho you're referring to, but Jealous Guy isn't a Beatles song, dumb ass.

Jealous Guy isn't a Beatles song, dumb ass.

this is also a completely superfluous use of 'ho'. c'mon...

Not sure whose ho you're referring to, but Jealous Guy isn't a Beatles song, dumb ass.

quiet pedant.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    driving around the empty streets last night at 2am and junior parker's cover of 'tomorrow never knows' came on the radio. twas good

• Mellow Dubmarine is a pretty dope reggae cover compilation. I really like Marcia Griffiths "Don't Let Me Down".

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    I've heard some great punk covers of "Helter Skelter" and "Happiness Is A Warm Gun". For novelty value, Teresa Graves with her take on the played out "Hey, Jude" is nice. Her life was interesting, too: "Get Christie Love" to living a secluded life as a Jehovah's Witness then dying in a house fire. She was the star of the shortest lived TV show ever, "Turn On".

• Just remembered "the Crue" covered "Helter Skelter" on Shout. :headbang:

• who is this!!! SICK! is rite

Grant Green - A Day in the Life i love this verzion

• Al Green - I Wanna Hold Your Hand
    That Ramsey Lewis album where they surrounded him with animals (whose idea was that one?)

Sorry my stolen internet is too slow to upload mp3s right now, what's with all the in this post?

• Al Green - I Wanna Hold Your Hand
    That Ramsey Lewis album where they surrounded him with animals (whose idea was that one?)

Sorry my stolen internet is too slow to upload mp3s right now, what's with all the in this post?

haha

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

who is this!!! SICK! is rite

yeah it sounds like a ringtone

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Anyone got Charles Kynard's version of "Something"?

• The Sisters Love - Blackbird

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    Just remembered "the Crue" covered "Helter Skelter" on Shout. :headbang:

Also got to give it up to Wilson Pickett's take on "Hey Jude". Super soulful, and Biz flipped the intro up nice on the beginning of "The Biz Never Sleeps" LP...

• Nina Simone - Here Comes the Sun

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    roy redmond - good day sunshine.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    george benson - come together