Si para usted getting props

pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I really can't wait to pick this up! Just love listening to those Latin Heaterz..

- spidey

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Congrats danno. Can't wait for vol. 2!

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Thanks! There's also a review on the very intriguing Sugarcain site:

http://www.sugarcainentertainment.com/?p=316

Sugarcain Entertainment is an on line magazine that extends into an entertainment company, run by a talented group of Canadian women, with offices in Toronto and Vancouver. Their style has been referred to as ???Rolling Stone Magazine???, but written by the women of ???MAXIM???. Look for them on the red carpet and behind the scenes!

Check out the photos of the contributors:

http://www.sugarcainentertainment.com/?page_id=2

Of course, the review that I'm most looking forward to is not one in the NYT or the Chicago Reader, but my very own Dustry Groove description! Seriously, I'm quivering with excitement. Nice one!

I'll send a free CD to whoever comes up with the closest guess as to what the Dusty Groove scribes will write about the comp.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

I'll send a free CD to whoever comes up with the closest guess as to what the Dusty Groove scribes will write about the comp.

It's already up there. NICE ONE!

A groundbreaking set of work from the Cuban scene of the 70s and early 80s -- tracks that aren't nearly as well known as the classic sides from Havana, but which are equally great overall! At the time of these recordings, Cuba was going through some of the same musical changes that were hitting the New York and LA Latin scenes -- strong influences from soul, fusion, and even a bit of rock were filtering into the music, helping it to shift away from more traditional patterns, and open up into a rich array of new sounds and styles! The vibe here definitely lives up to the "funky beats" promised in the title -- but is even better than you might expect, thanks to inventive production, weird arrangements, and unusual instrumentation -- all of which make these tunes sound a lot more different than their American counterparts! The set's a really amazing one -- beautifully remastered from original Cuban sessions, with sound that's really even better than you'd find on the original vinyl. Titles include "Y No Le Conviene" by Los Van Van", "Adeoey" by Los Reyes 73, "Si Para Usted" by Grupo Monumental, "Tambo Lya" by Ricardo Eddy Martinez, "Pocito 11" by Jorge Reyes, "Son A Propulsion" by Juan Pablo Torres Y Algo Nuevo, "Casina Y Epidecus" by Mirtha Y Raul, "Con La Luz Del La Manana" by Sintesis, and "El Fino" by Grupo Los Yoyi.

So, when do I get my free CD?

SG

• from dustygroove.com:

"A groundbreaking set of work from the Cuban scene of the 70s and early 80s -- tracks that aren't nearly as well known as the classic sides from Havana, but which are equally great overall! At the time of these recordings, Cuba was going through some of the same musical changes that were hitting the New York and LA Latin scenes -- strong influences from soul, fusion, and even a bit of rock were filtering into the music, helping it to shift away from more traditional patterns, and open up into a rich array of new sounds and styles! The vibe here definitely lives up to the "funky beats" promised in the title -- but is even better than you might expect, thanks to inventive production, weird arrangements, and unusual instrumentation -- all of which make these tunes sound a lot more different than their American counterparts! The set's a really amazing one -- beautifully remastered from original Cuban sessions, with sound that's really even better than you'd find on the original vinyl. Titles include "Y No Le Conviene" by Los Van Van", "Adeoey" by Los Reyes 73, "Si Para Usted" by Grupo Monumental, "Tambo Lya" by Ricardo Eddy Martinez, "Pocito 11" by Jorge Reyes, "Son A Propulsion" by Juan Pablo Torres Y Algo Nuevo, "Casina Y Epidecus" by Mirtha Y Raul, "Con La Luz Del La Manana" by Sintesis, and "El Fino" by Grupo Los Yoyi."

• oh well, too late...

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    first!

• so when will we be seeing this on wax?

• i just ordered another copy for gift...and plan on dropping another. this comp is such a good look.

• I really can't wait to pick this up! Just love listening to those Latin Heaterz..

- spidey

This dude gotz nothin' on Esteban.