Great Chicago HipHop albums, Post '97...

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Chicago Hip Hop is so dead........

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    your city fell off, get over it

• Divese - One A.M.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    your city fell off, get over it

So why are you starting a thread about it?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I thought maybe there was something better to offer than Papoose and boot camp clik dudes who get jocked because they managed to release something competent + be from new york at the same time

• kanye, kells and lupe kommon. duh.

kanye and lupe.duh.

Adventure Pop.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Do or Die's Victory[/b] isn't awful. "Can U Make It Hot" is a classic single

Electric Circus

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Electric Circus
    LWFC is good. i haven't listened to EC since it came out but i bet its better than i remember. still...

• just got his new album this weekend, haven't listened yet. Most of the stuff on All Natural is tight if your into the sound. I kicked it with him and Eulorythmics who seemed promising too.

this is beyond great.

I thought Victory was pretty decent but it's all about the B side to the Can You Make It Hot single.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

just got his new album this weekend, haven't listened yet. Most of the stuff on All Natural is tight if your into the sound. I kicked it with him and Eulorythmics who seemed promising too.

this is beyond great.

I thought Victory was pretty decent but it's all about the B side to the Can You Make It Hot single.

Was curious about Thaione Davis, I liked him on that Reminder album

• I got an extra if you want to trade

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

just got his new album this weekend, haven't listened yet. Most of the stuff on All Natural is tight if your into the sound. I kicked it with him and Eulorythmics who seemed promising too.

2cents:

the new iomos is dope, cop eulo if you can and de on the lookout for a solo kenny keys joint..

as for the northside, copperpot, longshot, k-kruz and the boys are all putting out quality hiphop..

but if you're looking for late 90s heat, it's all about rubberrrom/opus, rhymefest 12s, and molemen produced, juice singles.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

• All Natural - No Additives No Preservatives

• primeridian
    pacifics
    molemen

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts

Don't know why the pic got centered like that, but i am into this and recently learned of the SS/'dermy connection.

• Chicago Hip Hop is so dead........

mmmmm delectable

sometimes the music is background

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    what happened to faux rillz imaginary 'she is mannish' consensus

• 8bits8bits 146 Posts
    Capital D
    and also
    Maker

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

this is beyond great.

Was curious about Thaione Davis, I liked him on that Reminder album

Hah! I designed that Thai album.