would you leave negative feedback over $6?

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
i bought a video game off of ebay over 2 months ago and never received it. i sent the seller 2 emails asking if it even shipped and have heard nothing. since then i've downloaded the game and made it work with my system, so should i just let it go? it's only $6, but i am still annoyed that dude is ignoring my emails.what would ebay jesus do?

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    damned for eternity

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    jesus would post negative feedback and send that dude straight to HELL!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    i bought a video game off of ebay over 2 months ago and never received it. i sent the seller 2 emails asking if it even shipped and have heard nothing. since then i've downloaded the game and made it work with my system, so should i just let it go? it's only $6, but i am still annoyed that dude is ignoring my emails.

what would ebay jesus do?

Wait until the last possible minute to do it so they can't hit you back in retaliation. This requires cat-like reflexes.

Or just let it go.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    No--it would be unwise. But post the seller's name so they can be blacklisted.

• No--it would be unwise. But post the seller's name so they can be blacklisted.

Why would it be unwise? This guy ripped off a paying customer--who's to say that he won't do the same to future bidders?

Fuck him and his unscrupulous ways. You go [and leave that negative feedback], Grrrl!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Why would it be unwise? This guy ripped off a paying customer--who's to say that he won't do the same to future bidders?

Fuck him and his unscrupulous ways. You go [and leave that negative feedback], Grrrl!

Because the seller will leave retaliatiory feedback--not worth smudging one's own reputation over $6.

They always do, no matter how in the wrong they are; think of it this way--anyone too stupid/unscrupulous to make a $6 eBay deal work won't hesitate to leave unwarranted negative feedback.

• yeah that's what i'm afraid of. i have 100% feedback and $6 isn't worth it to be to get a negative. it's still really lame to ignore someone's email when this can easily be settled, but whatever. i'll let it go.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    nothing wrong with Neutral feedback

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

that wouldn't put her in a safe place either. If feedback is to be left in a case like this, then it must be a BIG BOLD NEG

that wouldn't put her in a safe place either. If feedback is to be left in a case like this, then it must be a BIG BOLD NEG
    No, if any feedback is to be left it should be POSITIVE because that significantly raises the possibility of getting positive feedback back from the seller, which would be objectively better than any petty and fleeting emotional satisfaction/comfort gained by "getting back" at the seller or alerting others to the seller's shadiness.

• No--it would be unwise. But post the seller's name so they can be blacklisted.

I never understood why people are so hesitant to leave neg feedback. If dude rips you off, he deserves it. If he retaliates, you can always reply to that and say what is really up. Also, sure 100% is great, but i never hesitate to bid on an item from a seller with 99% or 98%...

yeah, it is $6, but dude is a deadbeat...

did you file a paypal claim?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Aud,

Are you mostly a buyer or seller? If you're a buyer, I really don't see the harm in risking retaliatory feedback from someone, especially if they're in the wrong on this clear and plain. You'd be doing FAR more damage to his reputation as a seller than he could throw on you as a buyer. I mean...if you had a 99.3% positive rating, is that going to stop any seller from selling to you? No.

Even if you were the seller, it wouldn't be enough to bring you down significantly and a buyer who's really going to avoid bidding on auction by someone with a less than 100% rating will at least READ to see why you got dissed. If they see that you got burned on a buying affair, that's going nothing to do with your integrity as a seller.

Bottomline: be honest and say, "I paid for this and never got it."

What was the game, btw?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    recommended last minute negative feedback option

when's that "any negative feedback over a certain amount of years disappears" shit going into effect? i have a single negative feedback from when i was like in high school or something and it realllllllllly makes me sad

• Aud,

Are you mostly a buyer or seller? If you're a buyer, I really don't see the harm in risking retaliatory feedback from someone, especially if they're in the wrong on this clear and plain. You'd be doing FAR more damage to his reputation as a seller than he could throw on you as a buyer. I mean...if you had a 99.3% positive rating, is that going to stop any seller from selling to you? No.

i'm mostly a buyer. but it's like dude only has 6 feedbacks and just registered so he probably doesn't care. i don't know. maybe i'll do what birdman9 suggested and snipe him later.

What was the game, btw?

resident evil

and yes i'm embarassed for admitting that

• scurlscurl 75 Posts

Playing with my money is like playing with my emotions, Smokey.

I never understood why people are so hesitant to leave neg feedback.
    Probably because they think carefully before they act.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Rey - what's the point in a feedback system if you're not supposed to be honest with it? There's a difference b/t leaving truthful negative feedback and be a straight vindictive asshole about it and I somehow don't see Ms. Damn flaming this dude except to say, "he didn't send me what I bought after I paid him."

You make it sound like negative feedback is the equivalent of committing a three-strikes felony.

And Aud: RE 1? Or one of the later sequels?

RE4 =

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

+ Never got the item, recomended seller A+++++++++

+ Stole my money but would deal again

+ Didn't receive item, excellent packaging

• RE 2

i'm kinda intimidated by newer games. doesn't shit get more complicated and time consuming as video game systems evolve?

that said, i am looking to buy a Wii

• Contrary to popular opinion, I've heard the feedback sniping thing doesn't work. Ebay has something built in that extends the window for the other party to leave their feedback once you've left yours for them.

Rey - what's the point in a feedback system if you're not supposed to be honest with it? There's a difference b/t leaving truthful negative feedback and be a straight vindictive asshole about it and I somehow don't see Ms. Damn flaming this dude except to say, "he didn't send me what I bought after I paid him."

You make it sound like negative feedback is the equivalent of committing a three-strikes felony.

And Aud: RE 1? Or one of the later sequels?

RE4 =
    I don't deny the importance of using the feedback system honestly, but it's less important to me than maintaining 100% positive feedback, and I couldn't honestly advise an acquaintance to risk getting negative feedback simply for the sake of upholding that sort of abstract idea.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

What do you place a greater value one: a perfectly functioning system or being a perfect individual? Just saying--I think we all know where Rey stands.

• I was going to say file a claim with ebay, but it's probably too late if it's been two months. If he never responded to the claim and then you left negative feedback you'd probably be safe. If he didn't respond to a ebay claim and then left neg. feedback you might have a case for getting it removed, since he didn't respond to ebays original actions. It might be too late to file a claim though.

just leave it and cross your fingers. Chances are he might not even check his account in time.

The thing that sucks is everyone is scared to leave negative feedback, but at the same time I am sure most people find it helpful when you read shit like "don't trust this dude, sent record in a pizza box, there's peperoni all over my ultra rare klezmer private press!" I know if someone has negative feedback I think twice before bidding. Those are the people that I demand insure the item when they send it. Insurance is usually only around $2 and if you've got it in writing or on your paypal payment you can always say "well file an insurance claim" and if they don't follow through just file a paypal claim.

I say leave him negative feedback.

What do you place a greater value one: a perfectly functioning system or being a perfect individual? Just saying--I think we all know where Rey stands.

I'd rather be a 99.6% "perfect individual" if I can help other perfect or nearly perfect individuals from getting burned by a deadbeat seller.

• takotako 50 Posts
    maybe i'll do what birdman9 suggested and snipe him later.

i think this doesnt work i heard once that after you leave feedback the seller has 1 or 2 months time again to leave feedback himself, i could be wrong though